• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have you had your recommended Iron....... wood, today?

5 posts in this topic

Been a fan of Bill Willingham's work on Elementals and ironwood. Too bad he stopped drawing and picked up a pen instead. During his ironwood run he did a number of nice color covers. I was able to add a few more to my collection today.

Ironwood #5 cover:

ironwood5_cvr.jpg

Ironwood #8 cover

ironwood8_cvr.jpg

Unknown piece, possibly a cover. Anyone know what this was used for?

willingham_cover-.jpg

Awesome pick-ups Brian!!! Congrats on a great haul - I particularly enjoyed seeing the cover to Ironwood #5 as it's the issue which features a letter from me in the letter's page ;)

As for the final (beautiful) piece, I may have (but I could be wrong) seen it in the Ironwood RPG hand-book. There's a gaming shop across the road from my office which actually has a copy of the Ironwood gaming book - I'll check it out tomorrow and see if it did appear there. Best,

Royd

Hey Brian,

I checked out the Ironwood RPG sourcebook http://www.rpg.net/reviews/archive/11/11373.phtml at the local gaming shop in the city and I saw a small copy of your unknown cover in an advertisement for the Ironwood comics in the back of the sourcebook.

It was shown as the cover for the Ironwood graphic novel Volume 2 from Eros Comics (Fantagraphics). However, the published version of Volume 2 sports a different cover so I'm guessing your colour piece is an unpublished cover originally intended as the cover for the graphic novel but never used. Warm regards,

Royd

Royd,

Thanks for checking. I see they share the knife, but Pandora has the knife in my piece but Fantasia has it in the published one. Since the published cover for the TPB #2 has nudity, I figure mine was one they used to promote it without having to cover up the nipple in the final published cover. Now if I can only find the published one, they would make a great pair.