• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More eBay conundrums

30 posts in this topic

So I just received my 11th feedback as a seller since the new (or old) DSR system has been in place.

I'm guessing the only way to get a 5.0 in 'Shipping and Handling' is to take a hit to shipping cost? I'm certainly not complaining at the 4.9 I have, but I only see that getting lower since I usually charge actual cost.

I DO offer media rate on comics, but then you get a hit because it took so long to reach the buyer... :(

No win situation? (shrug)

How about sending out a pre-emptive email explaining

a) what you are doing for the customer that is above and beyond what is required

b) explaining to them how the star system affects you

Sounds like now everyone might need a PR manager to survive on eBay.

:screwy:

I used to offer free shipping on everything in the UK, and still do for slabs, but still couldn't get a 5 on the DSR system.

Amen to that. I never pad my shipping costs, and even will refund tiny amounts of excess postage, but I still don't have a perfect score. People are both conditioned by places like Amazon and expect free or almost free shipping, and are clueless as to actual postage costs.

I don't let it bug me though, it is what it is.

a) what you are doing for the customer that is above and beyond what is required

(thumbs u Will you be my PR manager Roy? :foryou:

I used to offer free shipping on everything in the UK, and still do for slabs, but still couldn't get a 5 on the DSR system.

Amen to that. I never pad my shipping costs, and even will refund tiny amounts of excess postage, but I still don't have a perfect score. People are both conditioned by places like Amazon and expect free or almost free shipping, and are clueless as to actual postage costs.

I don't let it bug me though, it is what it is.

I don't think anything bothers you Mr. Pontoon - except perhaps my endless array of eBay questions. lol

I think the general consensus on here is that unless I'm doing PR for Hitler, my PR work will be an utter disaster.

:angel:

I think the general consensus on here is that unless I'm doing PR for Hitler, my PR work will be an utter disaster.

OT HItler or Tarantino Hitler?

mban1272l.jpg

I thought I could increase my "As Described" rating by only selling CGC. I got an e-mail stating that they received a Qualified grade. Yes - as stated in the listing. Next e-mail is a picture of how it got "broken" in the mail.

My "Item As Described" rating is 4.8 out of 5 which makes me laugh since all the sales rated were CGC 9.8 books.

Maybe the buyer didn't agree with the CGC grading? doh!

Hubba Hubba

Emma___Jean_by_Alvin_Lee_by_northch.jpg

For those with sigs turned off...