• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TMNT #1 1st Print CGC 8.0 Universal Blue W/OW

39 posts in this topic

The reserve will be at the price I am offering here. I think that's about as low as I would go on letting these books go. I'll just start the auction off low, but use the reserve to protect my selling price.

Hello there,

I have a first printing of TMNT for sale. It's CGC 8.0 and I am asking $1500.

I can send photos as well as the scans below. Just ask!

TMNTF.jpg

TMNTB.jpg

One last look :)

Oh - and I'll set the buy-it-now at $1400 as well. Just in case anyone in eBay-land wants it right away.

I received a PM indicating that the price I'm offering on this book might be too high based upon previous sales.

I know that the price on this book jumps around quite a bit because it doesn't change hands very often - given that there are only 3000 out there and books in grade are hard to find. There is also an up-tick on TMNT recently - given the anniversary and such.

The price I was given for the last sale in 8.0 was $956 - which won't work for me. I'll go $1250 - which does seem very, very fair in my opinion. Below that seems to be a "place it in the safe" for a few years scenario.

Everyone here has been very kind in helping me understand a realistic price on this book. I think it can be bought for anywhere between $900-$1200 if you look and wait. Just not from me! :)

I would go as low as $1100 based upon my "education" in PM's (I really don't sell books often, so people have been both honest and tactful in helping me understand where and how to figure out pricing).

I've now joined GPA - so I'll better understand markets - although, I really don't sell books often - it's good info for when I'm buying!

Stick to your guns. It is a nice book and like said it hardly come up for sale/auction (1st print with 3000 ever printed). No one is forcing you to sell unless you really need some money fast. I most likly am going to get people mad on hear for writing this but it is not my first time getting people mad on here. Any ways Overstreet price guide don't even have a price for the different grades because it dosen't show up on the market much. Research and find a price you can be happy with and not dout yourself doh! . Now don't go crazy with the price either. Good luck with your sale because it is a very nice book (thumbs u .

Thanks everyone. My goal is not to ever become a seller - I'm a collector through-and-through and if I don't get what I can live with on this book, I think it's a keeper.

There are those books that you sell and think "eh...I can get one later" - then there are those books you sell and spend years trying to find if you ever want them again. TMNT is starting to get into that category. I know I had trouble finding this in 8.0 and above.

The other book that I want and can't find is Albedo #2. THAT is a hard book to find.

Anyhow - thanks again everyone. I'll take a hit and test the market on eBay with a buy-it-now of $1250 and a reserve of $1100 and see what happens.

I don't expect to be selling much here for a couple years, but I do expect to be buying - and this process has been educational in how to find and determine prices. I really need to spend more time on the forums here - it seems that there are many kindred spirits when it comes to the appreciation of comics here.

See like I told you and stick to a price you can live with and if a TRUE collector wants it he will pay what he can to get it because it means more and is worth it to him. Heck, I was trying to get my money together for that book but I'm the poorman's collector and didn't make it in time because I love independent, b&w, underground, variants, and oddball type comics that most don't want on here but to me are a real hunt because there is less of a demand, are not for sale much, a lot of great artist and writers got there start from, cheap with great deals, and hard to find in high grade. Look at Albedo #2 a few years back it was in the $1 box now has high demand and on everyones want list.

So selling on here is tough unless you are well known or you got something that has real demand and people can't argue the price down because someone might buy it before they do.

True but in the begining it wasn't till word got around and everyone then wanted it. I've read stories of people that got Albedo for cheap or cover price because the seller really didn't know it was a hot item. Cerebus the Aardvark , TMNT, and ALBEDO (Usagi Yojimbo) are the only ones that kept the staying power while books like Razor, Zen the Intergalactic Ninja, and other independents that were hot just fell off.

True but in the begining it wasn't till word got around and everyone then wanted it. I've read stories of people that got Albedo for cheap or cover price because the seller really didn't know it was a hot item. Cerebus the Aardvark , TMNT, and ALBEDO (Usagi Yojimbo) are the only ones that kept the staying power while books like Razor, Zen the Intergalactic Ninja, and other independents that were hot just fell off.

Albedo #2 was expensive as early as the mid-80's, as was TMNT #1. I was looking for a copy then too.

Dan