• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What comic is your priority to get signed next

69 posts in this topic

I would like a Jack Davis myself.
I have a new Creepy 1 (modern) signed by him... PM me if interested.

Shameless huckster

I wish I knew what that meant

huck·ster (hŭk'stər)

One who uses aggressive, showy, and sometimes devious methods to promote or sell a product.

I figure you got the shameless part . . . :whistle:

Okay, you manther...

I would like a Jack Davis myself.
I have a new Creepy 1 (modern) signed by him... PM me if interested.

Shameless huckster

I wish I knew what that meant

huck·ster (hŭk'stər)

One who uses aggressive, showy, and sometimes devious methods to promote or sell a product.

I figure you got the shameless part . . . :whistle:

Okay, you manther...

lol I wish!

Sweedish :cloud9:

Wait, I don't think we're talking about the same thing. lol

Should I have wrote sweetish, or sweatish... hm .. or sueereesh, or suiddish, or suitish... :( or maybe suite-ish? I don't even know what we WERE talking about anymore... :blush: No double Es or double Ds (Not that I mind them)..I say Swedish, definitely Swedish!

hm

Probably the only BIG name I don't have a signature from yet is Jack Kirby. I'd really like to find a comic signed by him that I could add to my collection. Otherwise... I think I have at least one sig from most of the big names out there from issues / comics I followed. Obviously, I don't have a Shuster, Siegel, or Kane but I suspect those would be a little more difficult (plus the authenticity issues surrounding Kane take away from it a bit for me). Ditko is another one whom I don't have either but would like to add.

BUT, probably the biggest signature that I want to add to my overall collection (non-comic here) is J.R.R. Tolkien. Considering I'd probably need well into 4-figures to finance that acquisition, however, I'm not sure it will be happening any time soon.

Should I have wrote sweetish, or sweatish... hm .. or sueereesh, or suiddish, or suitish... :( or maybe suite-ish? I don't even know what we WERE talking about anymore... :blush: No double Es or double Ds (Not that I mind them)..I say Swedish, definitely Swedish!

I was joking, it was more of a massage joke. A bad one at that.

Mine would be a wide variety...

My Flash 110 with Carmine, Marvel Premier by Tom Bake (Doctor Who #4), Doctor Who (IDW) 1 signed by David Tenant (Doctor #10), Doctor Who & The Daleks (Dell) signed by a surviving cast member, and most other interests I have on my Heroes For Hope with a dozen sigs on it :cloud9: (Jesper rox!).

I suppose I'd like Tony D on one of my Jonah Hex 1's.

I'd also love getting Shatner & Nimoy with any other cast I can on one of my Trek books, or the TNG cast on one of their books or mags. :D

Oh yeah, Nick Roche on one of my Doctor Who (IDW) books..... anyone see a trend here? :P

Mine would be a wide variety...

I'd also love getting Shatner & Nimoy with any other cast I can on one of my Trek books, or the TNG cast on one of their books or mags. :D

Since you refer to this as something to be accomplished, I'm guessing you weren't able to get a book signed by Shatner or Nimoy this past weekend at Dragon Con?

In terms of a wish list, I would have to say any of Harrison Ford, George Lucas or James Earl Jones on the Star Wars 107's I've been putting together for my daughters, Hugh Jackman or Halle Berry on the X-Men Movie comics I got signed last weekend at Dragon Con by Patrick Stewart and Bruce Davison, and George Takei on my Gold Key Star Trek #'1's that have been signed by Shatner, Nimoy, Nichelle Nichols and Walter Koenig.

I was joking, it was more of a massage joke. A bad one at that.

:grin:

I'm looking to do my first SS book (as well as first CGC book) and wanted a little advice.

I'm looking at dropping off one of my ASMs to get signed by Romita Sr and Stan Lee. I've narrowed it down between 39 or 71.

39 is a bit more beat up and discolored on the right side and I don't really like how it presents. But I like the idea of it being Romitas start on ASM.

71 is in better condition but not as much of a key as 39.

Now granted I could go find a better copy of 39 and I'd be all set but I'm limited on funding and can only really do one submission.

I know the real answer is do what ever I like but I wanted to get some perspective from you guys/gals

I'm looking to do my first SS book (as well as first CGC book) and wanted a little advice.

I'm looking at dropping off one of my ASMs to get signed by Romita Sr and Stan Lee. I've narrowed it down between 39 or 71.

39 is a bit more beat up and discolored on the right side and I don't really like how it presents. But I like the idea of it being Romitas start on ASM.

71 is in better condition but not as much of a key as 39.

Now granted I could go find a better copy of 39 and I'd be all set but I'm limited on funding and can only really do one submission.

I know the real answer is do what ever I like but I wanted to get some perspective from you guys/gals

If it is for your collection, get whichever book that means more to you. Conversely, if you plan on selling it, do the one that you think will make the most money.