• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Keiser" Detective Comics

12 posts in this topic

Hi,

Forgive me if this has been a topic before, but I am new and may have missed it. I purchased this book a few months ago:

detective1555.jpg

The name Keiser is obviously stamped on the cover. Does anyone know more info about this. Was it the name of the owner (most likely) or a store (less likely as I think it would be Keiser's.) In any case, I don't own the following two books (the scans are from the Metropolis website,) but I thought it might be neat to reunite all the Keiser copies in one thread. I wonder which number they start at and where they end?

Detective19.jpg

Detective20.jpg

Al

If I remember correctly, I think the #15 was part of 1koko's run that he auctioned through CC earlier this year. I wonder if he originally acquired it from Metropolis, and if so I wonder if it was part of a collection of "Keiser" books they bought at some point. Does this perhaps point to a NYC origin for these copies? Does anyone have any other titles with "Keiser" on it?

If I remember correctly, I think the #15 was part of 1koko's run that he auctioned through CC earlier this year. I wonder if he originally acquired it from Metropolis, and if so I wonder if it was part of a collection of "Keiser" books they bought at some point. Does this perhaps point to a NYC origin for these copies? Does anyone have any other titles with "Keiser" on it?

It was a Metro book.

I recall seeing a bunch of those stamps in Gerber. At the time, I was wondering whether this was a pedigree but I never heard anything about it.

"keiser" soze perhaps?

Now we're talking :applause:. Your comment also has some implied comic book implications (although a bit of a stretch). Directed by Brian Singer.

I recall seeing a bunch of those stamps in Gerber. At the time, I was wondering whether this was a pedigree but I never heard anything about it.

Action #8 and Detective #25 are in there, as well as the More Fun #35 pictured above.

"keiser" soze perhaps?

Now we're talking :applause:. Your comment also has some implied comic book implications (although a bit of a stretch). Directed by Brian Singer.

:acclaim:

What up Josh?

"keiser" soze perhaps?

:acclaim:

What up Josh?

What up Bill!!!