• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess who's at it again ....

102 posts in this topic

Maybe nothing. Who can tell from those images though? He launched into a tirade when one member asked him for better images. When I came in and pointed out why he went into another tirade.

He cannot take any recommendations or suggestions as anything but criticism because he considers the way he is going about his venture into restoration as the right one.

Maybe nothing. Who can tell from those images though? He launched into a tirade when one member asked him for better images. When I came in and pointed out why he went into another tirade.

He cannot take any recommendations or suggestions as anything but criticism because he considers the way he is going about his venture into restoration as the right one.

yeah i saw that...i was like man noone attacking you but he got pissed off...

im new to pressing what did he do wrong in pressing that book? i dont know what to look for yet

Keep seeing complaining that he is not professional so he should be starting with lower value books. It is a bit odd that he started with good value books instead of cheapies. I am not a big fan of pressing in the first place but I have experience with a heat press for a few years doing single sided lamenants to foam core and other graphic design objects and I still wouldnt press a book that is worth over a couple bucks. They also argue that since he hasn't sent in the work to someone like Matt Nelson to have a looksie that they don't know how well of a job he is doing. He also won't give better detail pics.

I tried to explain the same to him as well while laying out the basic facts of what he has done previously. A lot of the newer members over there don't see what, if anything, he is doing wrong. The way he presents his finished work almost seems like he is trying to hide the details and present the best possible picture/angle of the finished work. He strives for accolades from the uniformed masses and then tries to spin any type of non-favorable feedback that appears negative as people trying to keep him down.

He is a lost cause.

He is a fool with a press. He keeps making the same mistakes and blames his critics for making the same criticisms rather than change his approach.

Why not experiment on cheap books rather than key books? Any change in grade is valid no matter how expensive or rare the book is.

Wow, looks pretty nice.

It's not the end product, it's the fool using the tools that is the issue. He obviously could care less.

From: http://www.comicspriceguide.com/boards/Topic45641-22-62.aspx

MasterCPU (9/7/2009)
Have fun Tex, I think I will go press a key book or something. Wait, I think I will try to get rust out of pages without getting them wet. Yup that sounds like fun to me.

Later

doh!

FF112BA1.jpg

If you ask me it looks like he has made some progress but is still drying the pages incorrectly. Unfortunately any progress he made was negated by how he chose to selectively display his work and respond to questions posed. Part of playing the game is to give people what they want even if you do not think it important. (and by game I mean seeking a spot in the limelight, I know because I admit being guilty of it myself)

In other words...do not bring something up unless you are ready for people to ask about or even critique you more then you are equipped to deal with.

That's what I tried to impress upon him and the person who actually requested more images was, I thought, fair in asking considering his previous press jobs were pretty bad.

As is typical for him though he took it all as criticism. I can't wait to see what happens when one of his "customers" complains about his work.

I restore books too :)

I've read on the internet that this does a pretty outstanding job of removing wrinkles.

Who wants a pressing?

steam-iron-uk.jpg

Do you do it for free too? If your just starting out you should probably not charge anyone like the competition. I have a couple of very early F.F.s that could use some wrinkles removed.

DRX

I've read on the internet that this does a pretty outstanding job of removing wrinkles.

Who wants a pressing?

steam-iron-uk.jpg

Do you do it for free too? If your just starting out you should probably not charge anyone like the competition. I have a couple of very early F.F.s that could use some wrinkles removed.

DRX

Hopefully it's a #1 that needs CT. I have some new whiteout that will do the trick and not bleed through. (thumbs u

I just ask that you pay for shipping :)

Who wants a pressing?

steam-iron-uk.jpg

DRX

Hopefully it's a #1 that needs CT. I have some new whiteout that will do the trick and not bleed through. (thumbs u

I just ask that you pay for shipping :)

You should ask to cover the costs of the whiteout too and any other supplies you use :P