• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do you know if a book is a "warehouse" find?

71 posts in this topic

I bought two #132 thors 9.8 white pages for $400 each warehouse or not they are 43 years old.I wish I could buy the rest at that price!!!!!!!

Thor 132 has to be the most available mid-Silver Age book I've ever seen. GPA shows its value has remained flat or decreased for 7 years now due to the high population.

I bought two #132 thors 9.8 white pages for $400 each warehouse or not they are 43 years old.I wish I could buy the rest at that price!!!!!!!

Thor 132 has to be the most available mid-Silver Age book I've ever seen. GPA shows its value has remained flat or decreased for 7 years now due to the high population.

I agree! I sold one for my daughter on the boards a few weeks ago in 9.6 for $200 That seems kinda cheap for a HG SA comic.

Here's a list compiled from all three threads, feel free to use it & update as needed:

Warehouse Copies

JIM #88

TTA #39

TOS #48

Showcase #38

JLA #21

ASM #19

ASM #33

ASM #105

Avengers #24

JIM #124

Thor #132

Thor #156

DD #9

FF #48

FF #59

ST #138

X-Men #10

X-Men #40

Hulk #102

Captain Marvel #1

Marvel Spotlight #2

Nick Fury #1

X-Men #43

Captain Marvel #13

Iron Man #1

Captain America #100

Patsy Walker 104

Patsy Walker 105

Patsy Walker 108

Millie the Model Annual 4

Millie the Model Annual 5

Iron Man 2

Avengers 24

Tippy Teen 21

Major Inapak

True Life Secrets #23

Seriously not trying to be a jerk here.

Avengers #24 is on the list twice. Does that mean that there were two warehouse finds of that issue, or was it just a mistake in typing?

Thanks if you know.

Here are the books from the MH2 warehouse find...

56297-MH21.jpg

56296-MH22.jpg

You'd have to guess that supply varied for the books listed.

Also, I suspect ASM 45, 64 and 73 can be added to the warehouse list. These have always been more plentiful than surrounding issues.

Avengers #24 is on the list twice. Does that mean that there were two warehouse finds of that issue, or was it just a mistake in typing?

Thanks if you know.

I think that's just a transcription error when someone went through the various posts in the thread and wrote down any issue that someone posted.

On the MH2 books, there were different lists at different times. I know FF 77 was on the list at one time - I sold my copy to someone on the boards here. Unfortunately, I've deleted the photo of the comic and certificate. I do know it was about a VF- to FNVF copy, despite the claims in the ad - nothing very special.

p.s., I remember returning about 10-15% of the MH2 books I bought as being nowhere near the condition claimed - don't know why I missed the FF 77, unless that was actually a nice grade compared to the rest.

Also, I suspect ASM 45, 64 and 73 can be added to the warehouse list. These have always been more plentiful than surrounding issues.

Most definitely. Hardcore collectors of a title fairly easily figure out which issues were part of warehouse finds. The FF issues I can easily empirically tell were parts of finds include 35, 44, 48, 59, 62, 97, 108.

Here are the books from the MH2 warehouse find...

56297-MH21.jpg

56296-MH22.jpg

You'd have to guess that supply varied for the books listed.

What happened to all the copies of Werewolf By Night 32 ? Chuck had that puppy priced very aggressively....I wonder if he might still have a long box of them buried in his warehouse :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Here's a list compiled from all three threads, feel free to use it & update as needed:

Warehouse Copies

JIM #88

TTA #39

TOS #48

Showcase #38

JLA #21

ASM #19

ASM #33

ASM #105

Avengers #24

JIM #124

Thor #132

Thor #156

DD #9

FF #48

FF #59

ST #138

X-Men #10

X-Men #40

Hulk #102

Captain Marvel #1

Marvel Spotlight #2

Nick Fury #1

X-Men #43

Captain Marvel #13

Iron Man #1

Captain America #100

Patsy Walker 104

Patsy Walker 105

Patsy Walker 108

Iron Man 2

Avengers 24

Tippy Teen 21

Major Inapak

True Life Secrets #23

There is no way I agree with JIM 88, TTA 39. JLA 21 is iffy as well. But I would add the folllowing -

Amazing Spiderman 67

X-Men 45

Were most definitely were warehouse finds -

Silver Surfer 1-18 probably as well

Warehouse Copies

JIM #88

TTA #39

TOS #48

Showcase #38

JLA #21

ASM #19

ASM #33

ASM #105

Avengers #24

JIM #124

Thor #132

Thor #156

DD #9

FF #48

FF #59

ST #138

X-Men #10

X-Men #40

Hulk #102

Captain Marvel #1

Marvel Spotlight #2

Nick Fury #1

X-Men #43

Captain Marvel #13

Iron Man #1

Captain America #100

Patsy Walker 104

Patsy Walker 105

Patsy Walker 108

Iron Man 2

Avengers 24

Tippy Teen 21

Major Inapak

True Life Secrets #23

There is no way I agree with JIM 88, TTA 39. JLA 21 is iffy as well. But I would add the folllowing -

Amazing Spiderman 67

X-Men 45

Were most definitely were warehouse finds -

Silver Surfer 1-18 probably as well

Didn't someone have a box or 2 of SS #4's, released onto the market some time back.

I think Harley mentioned it to me.

The classic one (and cheapest Silver Age book I know of) is Wally Wood's "Heroes Inc. Presents Cannon # 1."

I'm pretty sure it goes for about $9 in 9.4, and can be had in bulk for $2 in F/VF.

Also, the rumor was that Conan 3 didn't have "poor distribution"--rather, it simply wasn't represented at all in Chuck's Mile High 2 collection, whereas all the other Conans of that era were.

The classic one (and cheapest Silver Age book I know of) is Wally Wood's "Heroes Inc. Presents Cannon # 1."

I'm pretty sure it goes for about $9 in 9.4, and can be had in bulk for $2 in F/VF.

Also, the rumor was that Conan 3 didn't have "poor distribution"--rather, it simply wasn't represented at all in Chuck's Mile High 2 collection, whereas all the other Conans of that era were.

Thats interesting about the Conan #3... and so a comic urban myth was born.

Ya I remember even Heritage sold a massive stock of that Wally Woods book some time back. Selling them by the pallet (it was in the 000's). While at the same time Joe's were advertising 9.8 copies of the book for sale at $200 up on Clink.

It pays to know which books could fuel a good bonfire all by themselves :P

Haha - I have two Thor #132's in CGC 9.6 that I have been trying to get rid of. Wish I knew how common they were before I bought them. :(

Still a cool cover.

Thats nonsense. Conan #3 was listed as poor distribution long before MH2 was a twinkle in Chucks eyes.

There are various stories as to why Conan #3 is listed as low distribution. The one I give the most credence to is that Overstreet listed it as such as a copyright control.

Another is that back in those days, comics were often not delivered the week of a holiday so most copies never made it to the newstands. But that explanation would have worked better if there were a ton of Conan 3s in MH2.