• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

These prices are AMAZING...WOW....UNBELIEVABLE

72 posts in this topic

What economic slump?? :o

:gossip: I don't think the economic conditions affect too many of the high-rollers..., the ones that are still free on bail continue to cash their executive bonus checks....,

:gossip: I don't think the economic conditions affect too many of the high-rollers..., the ones that are still free on bail continue to cash their executive bonus checks....,

We are seeing a divergent market with ubber high grade hot books selling for insane multiples of GPA and the rest of the market slumping slightly. The Queen of England is not affected by economic times but Joe Shmoe is.

I dunno

But prices like this make my head spin

That Fantastic Four 12 for $76,777 .........Geez Louise

Yeah, THAT'S a crazy price to me.

Of course, I've seen this often enough to not be totally shocked anymore, but that's still a lot of money for a non #1 Silver Age book.

If that's a "solid" price the number of potential $100,000 books has swelled immeasurably (which won't stop me from trying to measure it :insane: )

I still contend that some of the prices are artificially reached. In other words some sort of oversight into the auction might uncover, well, things that yo expect on eBay

Arex, although I'm sure we can agree that anything is possible I do know for a fact that some of the books being discussed with the record breaking prices are legit sales.

I'm sure of it because I know both the bidder and the underbidder on some of the books being discussed.

I know that they both really wanted the books they bid on and yes, maybe went a little crazy but their bids are real and legit.

I keep looking under my pillow for the tooth fairy to help out so I can get in on the action.

I think Louise keeps stealing it.

lol

I still contend that some of the prices are artificially reached. In other words some sort of oversight into the auction might uncover, well, things that yo expect on eBay

Arex, although I'm sure we can agree that anything is possible I do know for a fact that some of the books being discussed with the record breaking prices are legit sales.

I'm sure of it because I know both the bidder and the underbidder on some of the books being discussed.

I know that they both really wanted the books they bid on and yes, maybe went a little crazy but their bids are real and legit.

I keep looking under my pillow for the tooth fairy to help out so I can get in on the action.

I think Louise keeps stealing it.

lol

It is also my understanding that people are taking in the keister too and the other party isnt someone who is wanting to buy the book.