• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ref: what push your limits of patience when at a show or LCS

399 posts in this topic

Regarding my lcs...its when i go there and they have changed their store to only stock the absolute latest issues (no back issues) and have become more a gamming den then anything! Happened to me twice!! :frustrated:

insufficiently_thoughtful_persons at conventions that have no concept of personal space & stand over your shoulder while you browse through a box of comics. One guy in Chicago was literally breathing down my neck once. It took all of my self-restraint to refrain from elbowing the guy straight in the face.

insufficiently_thoughtful_persons at conventions that have no concept of personal space & stand over your shoulder while you browse through a box of comics. One guy in Chicago was literally breathing down my neck once. It took all of my self-restraint to refrain from elbowing the guy straight in the face.

Thats when you head butt him in the nose and say "'scuse me...sorry!" lol

When there are 15 boxes to look through and someone NEEDS to look in the same box you are looking in. Even worse, when they move your books off that same box without permission. I keep mine out of the way and will break some fingers if someone touches my books.

Oh yeah, SHOWER dammit.

Pat

I just hate back issues that aren't priced. I wish they would also have the grade listed, but no prices really bug the heck out of me. You then hand the seller or the store a buch of books and then they break out the Price Guide and then give the book a quick looksie and price it at NM. So if you go up with 10 to 15 books you waste half a day getting a price.

Personal space is a big one with me or when someone is going thru a box and take up 2 more with their stuff or just simple lack of manners.

I hear that, but sometimes at a convention it's tough to find a spot to put your stuff down so it's out of the way.

I'm not a big fan of spending 15 minutes scrutinizing 20 copies of the same comic to find the best one, only to get to the cash register where the clerk bends the comic putting it into a bag.

(thumbs u