• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pedigree Comics

251 posts in this topic

Technically CGC owns Pedigreecomics.com. If it wasn't for Steve Borock and CGC Doug would be homeless.

Can you elaborate on this statement? I only ask because this person has several

comics that have been graded by CGC, wondering if the grades are legit. The

9.6 FF#1 that this person used to own was in question sometime back, this statement you make has me thinking.

:gossip: That's just Bob being Bob. You know, like Manny being Manny.

Is the Blazing one on the juice also :baiting:

I don't believe any auction results anymore. They are very seldom reproducible events. The Rocky Mountain X-Men that sold on Comiclink dropped in value upon being resold.

maybe it was because of those ugly comiclink RM stickers. hm

Worldwide has very pretty gold stickers for their Golden Gate books.

goes to site now. :sick:

Technically CGC owns Pedigreecomics.com. If it wasn't for Steve Borock and CGC Doug would be homeless.

Can you elaborate on this statement? I only ask because this person has several

comics that have been graded by CGC, wondering if the grades are legit. The

9.6 FF#1 that this person used to own was in question sometime back, this statement you make has me thinking.

:gossip: That's just Bob being Bob. You know, like Manny being Manny.

Is the Blazing one on the juice also :baiting:

Prune juice?

Doug's a swell guy. Each of the 48 counts against him were mistakes. Separate, individual mistakes. No pattern there.

OK, I read both the links in this thread: Doug Schmell's law license revoked due to ethical violations involving clients' escrow funds, and the comic book manipulation (microtrim) by Jason Ewart.

So,other than Doug Schmell, a disbarred lawyer who sells high grade Pedigreecomics and has some connection with Tom Brulato; and Jason Ewart who micro-trimmed comics to get higher CGC grades and who has some connection to Tom Brulato, are there others who we should be concerned about?

I'm not being facetious, I am just seriously wondering is there anyone else out in comic-sales land who some might have issues with?

(Of course Danny Dupcak/robojo33/comic-keys has been discussed ad nauseam).

How much time have you got? :insane:

Doug's a swell guy. Each of the 48 counts against him were mistakes. Separate, individual mistakes. No pattern there.

OK, I read both the links in this thread: Doug Schmell's law license revoked due to ethical violations involving clients' escrow funds, and the comic book manipulation (microtrim) by Jason Ewart.

So,other than Doug Schmell, a disbarred lawyer who sells high grade Pedigreecomics and has some connection with Tom Brulato; and Jason Ewart who micro-trimmed comics to get higher CGC grades and who has some connection to Tom Brulato, are there others who we should be concerned about?

I'm not being facetious, I am just seriously wondering is there anyone else out in comic-sales land who some might have issues with?

How much time have you got? :insane:

How 'bout a succinct 2 or 3 paragraph summary as a guide for the perplexed?

Thank you for opening the gates of hell, J.B.

Don't blame J.B. Those gates swing open all the time.

Thank you for opening the gates of hell, J.B.

Don't blame J.B. Those gates swing open all the time.

If blame were butter, we'd all be Yoda.

now that's what i'm talking about, that's a beautiful sticker. :cloud9:

It makes those old Pacific Coast stickers look, well, old.

i still prefer the PC sticker on my slabs, i didn't even send in a cracked case to be reholdered due to the sticker. :insane:

OK...here's a new scam enterprise to be aware of...not new to eVilBay but I think new to a boards expose...follow along...

lexerific sold a restored Avengers 4 for $810 that he purchased through one of his shill accounts aram321...you can search aram321 and see that he paid $445 for the book clearly identified as restored...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290341672303&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.com%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm38%26_nkw%3D290341672303%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

OK...

Now aram321 has just recently purchased a restored ASM 19 CGC 9.0...wait approx. 2-4 weeks and you will see this book (cracked out) appear in a lexerific auction, or perhaps another shill account as an unrestored raw, I'm guessing 9.2 or 9.4...caveat emptor...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330356420437&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

This guy(s) needs to be taken down more than a peg...what a doosh-bag! :boo:

I don't believe any auction results results anymore. They are very seldom reproducible events. The Rocky Mountain X-Men that sold on Comiclink dropped in value upon being resold.

I know I sound like a bad broken record, but the whole thing makes me and baby Jesus cry. Why buy those books and drive them to astronomic heights to try and flip them later? Comics are no better than 100 count lots of Rookie cards were in the late eighties. People who don't care about them are buying and selling them in an attempt to gauge some fictitious "market" that they are both making and crushing at the same time.

Cue Roy chiming in on how these prices are all sustainable and going on among "new blood collectors" in 10 . . .9 . . .8 . . .

Well, I'm not Roy, but this is a ton different than 100 count lots of rookie cards. To begin with, most rookies fail to achieve anything in whichever sport. Just a fact. Also, most of these books there are no 100 counts of in the grade we are talking about. Is some of it speculation, certainly.

It just reminds me of that commercial where the guy buys the piece of art, and then wants to turn around and sell it in the same auction. It doesn't make any sense, and the simple fact that someone is doing this lends to suspicion that something is either wrong with the book.

Maybe in some cases, the prices are driven up by the speculators, but most of the time, these books are not offered again for a long time.

I tend to think that it is mostly collectors/flippers/dealers who over extend themselves financially and have to dump the books back on the market.

now that's what i'm talking about, that's a beautiful sticker. :cloud9:

It makes those old Pacific Coast stickers look, well, old.

i still prefer the PC sticker on my slabs, i didn't even send in a cracked case to be reholdered due to the sticker. :insane:

I've only got one PC and the sticker is fine. TTTT, I don't really mind any of them. The old comiclink stickers that were 2" x 1" on the back of slabs are pretty bad, though.

This all depends on where you would draw the line of having "issues" with. There are lots of buried bodies out there.

I'll just say this -- Brulato really seems to despise me -- as he ignores me every time we are even remotely near each other and goes out of his way to do so, even when I've directly addressed him. I find it humorous that he feels so strongly, if of course, he had no knowledge of Ewert's activities. If I found out my partner was involved in such activities, I'd go out of my way to thank the people (and it wasn't exactly me alone, but rather the whole boards) who helped to expose someone who was putting me at risk personally.

All that said, during the whole time, I can think of no, absolutely no evidence, that ever concretely showed that Brulato was involved in any "fraudulent" activities. So when I see an implication, all I can say is, I think sometimes conjecture is okay, but I really never saw any evidence that really backed it up.

Honestly, I get really tired of reading this stuff. Tom is a stand up guy. He doesn't deny pressing, never has that I can tell. He made good on as many books as he could that were Ewert related.

If association with Ewert alone is enough to make a person guilty, half the people on this board bought and sold books with him(probably a slight exaggeration, but you get my point).

I am not sticking up for Jason, because honestly, I never cared for the guy, and did very little business with him. But people on this board worshipped him for awhile.

Anyway, I just think this has been carried too far for too long. It doesn't make sense to drag Tom down when nothing has ever been proven about it. And to try to further justify it by associating him to Doug is wrong. Tom is not Doug's partner. Tom had nothing to do with Doug's legal problems which occurred in his legal business. I actually think Tom does more business with Josh than he does with Doug (even though I am pretty sure that FF #1 is Tom's now, not Dougs, as I know Tom bought one from Doug at NYCC last year).

This all depends on where you would draw the line of having "issues" with. There are lots of buried bodies out there.

I'll just say this -- Brulato really seems to despise me -- as he ignores me every time we are even remotely near each other and goes out of his way to do so, even when I've directly addressed him. I find it humorous that he feels so strongly, if of course, he had no knowledge of Ewert's activities. If I found out my partner was involved in such activities, I'd go out of my way to thank the people (and it wasn't exactly me alone, but rather the whole boards) who helped to expose someone who was putting me at risk personally.

All that said, during the whole time, I can think of no, absolutely no evidence, that ever concretely showed that Brulato was involved in any "fraudulent" activities. So when I see an implication, all I can say is, I think sometimes conjecture is okay, but I really never saw any evidence that really backed it up.

Brian,

Honestly, you know I have no problem with you at all, but I get really tired of reading this stuff. Tom is a stand up guy. He doesn't deny pressing, never has that I can tell. He made good on as many books as he could that were Ewert related.

If association with Ewert alone is enough to make a person guilty, half the people on this board bought and sold books with him(probably a slight exaggeration, but you get my point).

I am not sticking up for Jason, because honestly, I never cared for the guy, and did very little business with him. But people on this board worshipped him for awhile.

Anyway, I just think this has been carried too far for too long. It doesn't make sense to drag Tom down when nothing has ever been proven about it. And to try to further justify it by associating him to Doug is wrong. Tom is not Doug's partner. Tom had nothing to do with Doug's legal problems which occurred in his legal business. I actually think Tom does more business with Josh than he does with Doug (even though I am pretty sure that FF #1 is Tom's now, not Dougs, as I know Tom bought one from Doug at NYCC last year).

Like I said, nothing personal BK. You are a good guy, but as far as I know, so is Tom.

Did you read what I wrote or did you just skim over it Dale? I think you need to go back and reread.

Incidentally, it was more than just "associating" it was a full on partnership.

You do realize I didn't write this, correct Dale?

Brian,

Honestly, you know I have no problem with you at all, but I get really tired of reading this stuff. Tom is a stand up guy. He doesn't deny pressing, never has that I can tell. He made good on as many books as he could that were Ewert related.

Like I said, nothing personal BK. You are a good guy, but as far as I know, so is Tom.

Did you read what I wrote or did you just skim over it Dale? I think you need to go back and reread.

Incidentally, it was more than just "associating" it was a full on partnership.

VIA, was it not? hm