• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you will be in or near Rochester, NY on Friday, Oct 9, 2009

14 posts in this topic

I will be delivering a fun and educational lecture at my college reunion at the University of Rochester that Forumites might find of interest. I can arrange for members of the public to attend. If you are interested, send me a PM or e-mail me at EsquireComics@aol.com

From Cave Art To Superheroes: Comic Books & Social Commentary

Date: Friday, October 9, 2009

Time: 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM

Room: Room 321

Costs: FREE

» Description » Register for this event

Join Mark S. Zaid ’89, owner of EsquireComics.com, a co-founder of the Network of Disclosure, and an advisor to the Overstreet Comic Book Price and Grading Guides, for an educational and humorous interactive presentation tracing the historical creation and development of comic books and their characters, and particularly how comics addressed social issues of the day (including war, sex, civil rights, women’s liberation, politics, censorship, violence, and terrorism).

Sounds interesting! Ill try to be able to attend!

Join Mark S. Zaid ’89, owner of EsquireComics.com, a co-founder of the Network of Disclosure, and an advisor to the Overstreet Comic Book Price and Grading Guides, for an educational and humorous interactive presentation tracing the historical creation and development of comic books and their characters, and particularly how comics addressed social issues of the day (including war, sex, civil rights, women’s liberation, politics, censorship, violence, and terrorism).

One+ hour drive. hm

If you're going to talk about Hot Naked Chicks and Satan's Death Ray I might go.

(:

One+ hour drive. hm

If you're going to talk about Hot Naked Chicks and Satan's Death Ray I might go.

(:

There are some headlights shown. :grin:

But there will be minors in attendance so I do have to make the presentation somewhat family friendly. ;)