• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ACTION #1 now on Comiclink

52 posts in this topic

Why is that a 5.0? Apparent grade seems so much higher. (shrug)

If it's the book I think it is, it has some stuff that is only really visible up close or at the inside cover that brings the technical grade down.

That book would look great cracked out and in a nice mylar without the judgmental PLOD hovering overhead.

not really. that book looks like it's had extensive resto work done. (shrug)

About three years ago at WW Chicago, Win (Centaurman) let me (and anyone else that wanted to) look through his copy of Action 1, and it's an EP, too. As long the pages aren't brittle/centerfold or pages loose/etc, there should be no issue enjoying the book.

Why is that a 5.0? Apparent grade seems so much higher. (shrug)

If it's the book I think it is, it has some stuff that is only really visible up close or at the inside cover that brings the technical grade down.

Which to me is exactly the kind of 5.0 you would want. That action has lots of eye appeal for your money. 105 is way to high on the price.

What's the opinion of the price-tage $105K...reasonable or aggressive?

I think the one on comicconnect should bring maybe 50k-60k. Based on that, this one should be worth 55k-65k. 105k seems too high.

my "feeling" is that the entry point for virtually any action 1 today is $75K base (and up from there)...this same book sold via ebay just last year for $86K, so I don't think it has lost 20K+ of value since then, has it (shrug) ... and, it has the eye appeal of a much higher "number grade" copy, but one should always buy the book, not the # (especially on restored)

I would be suprised if the CC copy doesn't bring at least 75K, maybe more, but if it only goes for $50K then :banana: for me lol ...

Well if it is Rick's, I sure hope he wasn't trying to keep that info on the down low.
the book was displayed at my booth in SD this year (as it was the year before...so, you don't have to own a book to "have" it)... so I am very familiar with it... but if it makes anyone feel any better, I am a very active participant in the Comicconnect copy starting tomorrow (thumbs u

I think the one on comicconnect should bring maybe 50k-60k. Based on that, this one should be worth 55k-65k. 105k seems too high.

my "feeling" is that the entry point for virtually any action 1 today is $75K base (and up from there)...this same book sold via ebay just last year for $86K, so I don't think it has lost 20K+ of value since then, has it (shrug) ... and, it has the eye appeal of a much higher "number grade" copy, but one should always buy the book, not the # (especially on restored)

I would be suprised if the CC copy doesn't bring at least 75K, maybe more, but if it only goes for $50K then :banana: for me lol ...

don't see it going for only 50k.

Is it me or have the Tec #27s dried up?

Well if it is Rick's, I sure hope he wasn't trying to keep that info on the down low.

There were pics of it posted from SD so it wasn't really a secret.

(thumbs u

Good luck Rick! I have seen the book several times in person. It's a nice-looking 5.0

Good luck Rick! I have seen the book several times in person. It's a nice-looking 5.0
sorry, no pony in this race for me (thumbs u

Just as well. It would be hard to win a race with just a pony. :insane:

Just as well. It would be hard to win a race with just a pony. :insane:
how about a "super" horse