• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Bag and Board Recommendation

17 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I'd appreciate a good recommendation for bags and boards. i want to use one set of bags and boards to re b+b my entire collection. The books are 60's and 70's with a few copper. I'd love to go mylar but it just isn't in the budget right now. Any links would be very helpful! Thanks!

I was at the LCS (one of those typical shops that cares more about selling action figures then comics) a couple of weeks and the only bags for sale were these super tight bags for moderns.

Ugh, it seems that some of these bags nowadays are corsets for comic books.

I use mylite 2 with full backs for everything at this point. I just rebagged with poly bags about a year ago (since economically that was what I could do) and whenever I guy bags and boards now I go with Hotflips for the egerber mylite 2 and full backs. This way I'll eventually get my collection moved over to bags and boards that won't require a redo every couple of years.

Not sure what your budget situation is, but keep in mind that poly bags don't protect the page quality of your comics, so you have to keep changing them out. Mylar is a bigger investment at the start, but it pays off over the years.

I use Mylite+ and a halfback on most books, and I go with fullbacks on expensive books, if you can swing it.

Make sure you compare prices at Gerber's website as well as Hotflips. If you're going bulk Gerber's pretty cheap. Hotflips is obviously well thought of too.

I recommend that you do not buy from Comic Supply, due to a history of huge delays in shipping.and poor communication, both of which have been documented on this board ad nauseum.

can someone show me a picture of mylar archives? by themselves or with a book in it. i think i have some, but i'm not sure. ive been trying to find out, because i have mylar 2's and those are "ok."

Here is a thread from a few months ago.. I thought it was great

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=4&Number=3413482&Searchpage=1&Main=169635&Words=mylite&topic=0&Search=true#Post3413482