• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The NOD is hosting a game!

179 posts in this topic

Why does the term Jehovah's Witnesses come to mind and will each entrant receive a free copy of The Watchtower?

Wanna join our cult Jim?

We are exactly like the Jehovah's Witnesses that you just disparaged. :whistle:

I mean putting on a game for the benefit of comic community has to have something sinister and dark behind it right? Must be some kind of agenda there.

There's that NOD funny bone to which I've grown so accustomed.

Say, if I were to join, would it then be legal to get a NOE t-shirt?

Did you think you were being funny? lol

If you enjoy being poked at I can do it funny boy...

No, not really. It was more along the lines of proselystetic sarcasm in a jugular vein. But then after reading our exchange a time or two, it made me giggle.

Beginning on Sunday September 27, the Network of Disclosure will be hosting a fun and exciting contest with a Grand Prize of a $500 credit at Quality Comix and a $100 cash prize for the runner-up (half of the Grand Prize was generously donated by Brent Moeshlin of Quality Comix). The contest will consist of eight individual events in three categories: Grading, Trivia, and Guess the Cover. Books from all eras will be included – from Golden Age to Modern – and the contest will be spread over several weeks. Anyone is eligible to participate – you do not have to be a member of NOD to play. A sign-up thread with contest details and rules has been created in the General Discussion forum on the NOD website. If you would like to participate in the contest, simply register on the NOD forum (registration is free) and post in this thread:

http://www.networkofdisclosure.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=827

The deadline for registration is Saturday September 26. We hope you will join us in what should be a fun and entertaining contest that will challenge your comic book knowledge and put your grading skills to the test.

Thanks guys, sounds like fun. (thumbs u

The game should be alot of fun. We got everyone who we could think of to help line this up. It was/is a mixture of ideas from the current Board as well as some of our members. The game is meant to be challenging, but still fun.

Oh.. And with a badazz prize.

Free comics?Fun stuff?

A chance to participate in something

I find interesting!!COOL!

I'm in! :)

:headbang: (thumbs u

Can a golden age person, partner with a modern person and split the prize...?

hm

The only thing I know about covers after 1970, is they are shiny...

Ah, you don't need any help, Sharon.

Of course if you were to have an unofficial silent partner, who's to know? :whistle:

Free comics?Fun stuff?

hm

And a lot of them are done by Gil Kane :cloud9:

Beginning on Sunday September 27, the Network of Disclosure will be hosting a fun and exciting contest with a Grand Prize of a $500 credit at Quality Comix and a $100 cash prize for the runner-up (half of the Grand Prize was generously donated by Brent Moeshlin of Quality Comix). The contest will consist of eight individual events in three categories: Grading, Trivia, and Guess the Cover. Books from all eras will be included – from Golden Age to Modern – and the contest will be spread over several weeks. Anyone is eligible to participate – you do not have to be a member of NOD to play. A sign-up thread with contest details and rules has been created in the General Discussion forum on the NOD website. If you would like to participate in the contest, simply register on the NOD forum (registration is free) and post in this thread:

The deadline for registration is Saturday September 26. We hope you will join us in what should be a fun and entertaining contest that will challenge your comic book knowledge and put your grading skills to the test.

What time of day are you going to be posting the trivia Qs and the GTC images? Because these are "race" events everyone will want to see the post asap! No single set time will make everyone happy so I'm curious about the plan!

I will have to discuss this with others and let you guys and gals know tomorrow afternoon. Feel free to post any questions here and I will get the anwsers for you!

What time of day are you going to be posting the trivia Qs and the GTC images? Because these are "race" events everyone will want to see the post asap! No single set time will make everyone happy so I'm curious about the plan!

I will have to discuss this with others and let you guys and gals know tomorrow afternoon. Feel free to post any questions here and I will get the anwsers for you!
Sure. What is the NOD? And how does the game work? :P

We put a lot of time in this game to try to make it fun. I am glad to see that interest is being shown. You can look for other announcements in the near future that I believe you will find most interesting! Also, I wish everyone the best of luck in this game. Brent has some nice choices of books on his site for the winner.

Free comics?Fun stuff?

hm

And a lot of them are done by Gil Kane :cloud9:

Green Lantern was my first love :luhv: Gil Kane :cloud9:

So I follow the link. First time I've ever been on the NOD's board (that I can recall) and I received the following "You have been permanently banned from this board" lol

lol! I guess it must me hard dealing with that multiple personality disorder you have. (::baiting:

Man, NOD is doing something cool!

See what happens when you get rid of Zaid :thumbsup:

Oh my, I'm so hurt. Ouch, I've been attacked by Arex, who apparently has not much to do in his life than mention my name when he can in a disparaging manner. :cry:

Reminds me of people who are homophobic and then turn out to be homosexual themselves. hm (not that there is anything wrong with that of course).

Sorry Arex, btw, I'm still involved with the NOD. :gossip: In fact, the educational presentation I delivered at the SD Con, which was co-sponsored by the NOD, Comicspriceguide.com, GPA and, oh yea, what's that other organization, that's right, I believe it is called CGC, will be posted online soon.

But no doubt you view these educational programs as cult brainwashing. Darn, what a shame.

meh

Thanks, but no thanks.

The last time I won a comic book from a NOD member I got nothing.

But good luck on the registration drive. BTW is that a fishing boat in your avatar? lol

All kidding aside, I'll definitely be watching from the stands so post the results because I enjoy a good contest.

Maybe you should post a few trivia questions here to motivate some contestants... hm

So I follow the link. First time I've ever been on the NOD's board (that I can recall) and I received the following "You have been permanently banned from this board" lol

I'm not sure why that happened, but I'll look into it. Is this happening to anybody else?

I'm not sure why that happened, but I'll look into it. Is this happening to anybody else?

I think it has to do with the spam filter. Might have to PM a moderator.