• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The NOD is hosting a game!

179 posts in this topic

Beginning on Sunday September 27, the Network of Disclosure will be hosting a fun and exciting contest with a Grand Prize of a $500 credit at Quality Comix and a $100 cash prize for the runner-up (half of the Grand Prize was generously donated by Brent Moeshlin of Quality Comix). The contest will consist of eight individual events in three categories: Grading, Trivia, and Guess the Cover. Books from all eras will be included – from Golden Age to Modern – and the contest will be spread over several weeks. Anyone is eligible to participate – you do not have to be a member of NOD to play. A sign-up thread with contest details and rules has been created in the General Discussion forum on the NOD website. If you would like to participate in the contest, simply register on the NOD forum (registration is free) and post in this thread:

http://www.networkofdisclosure.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=827

The deadline for registration is Saturday September 26. We hope you will join us in what should be a fun and entertaining contest that will challenge your comic book knowledge and put your grading skills to the test.

Why does the term Jehovah's Witnesses come to mind and will each entrant receive a free copy of The Watchtower?

Wanna join our cult Jim?

We are exactly like the Jehovah's Witnesses that you just disparaged. :whistle:

I mean putting on a game for the benefit of comic community has to have something sinister and dark behind it right? Must be some kind of agenda there.

Why does the term Jehovah's Witnesses come to mind and will each entrant receive a free copy of The Watchtower?

Wanna join our cult Jim?

I mean putting on a game for the benefit of comic community has to have something sinister and dark behind it right? Must be some kind of agenda there.

WTTB :hi:

Wanna join our cult Jim?

There's that NOD funny bone to which I've grown so accustomed.

Say, if I were to join, would it then be legal to get a NOE t-shirt?

Wanna join our cult Jim?

There's that NOD funny bone to which I've grown so accustomed.

Say, if I were to join, would it then be legal to get a NOE t-shirt?

Did you think you were being funny? lol

If you enjoy being poked at I can do it funny boy...

Free comics?Fun stuff?

A chance to participate in something

I find interesting!!COOL!

I'm in! :)

:applause:

Now if I could find my pssword to log in....

the wife erased everything somehow.

actually, it happened to me too... when NOD went from .com to .org, all the "saved" pwords were lost ....

Free comics?Fun stuff?

:applause:

Now if I could find my pssword to log in....

the wife erased everything somehow.

If you are still having trouble, I can help you out tomorrow! (thumbs u

Free comics?Fun stuff?

:headbang: (thumbs u

Can a golden age person, partner with a modern person and split the prize...?

hm

The only thing I know about covers after 1970, is they are shiny...

Beginning on Sunday September 27, the Network of Disclosure will be hosting a fun and exciting contest with a Grand Prize of a $500 credit at Quality Comix and a $100 cash prize for the runner-up (half of the Grand Prize was generously donated by Brent Moeshlin of Quality Comix). The contest will consist of eight individual events in three categories: Grading, Trivia, and Guess the Cover. Books from all eras will be included – from Golden Age to Modern – and the contest will be spread over several weeks. Anyone is eligible to participate – you do not have to be a member of NOD to play. A sign-up thread with contest details and rules has been created in the General Discussion forum on the NOD website. If you would like to participate in the contest, simply register on the NOD forum (registration is free) and post in this thread:

http://www.networkofdisclosure.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=827

The deadline for registration is Saturday September 26. We hope you will join us in what should be a fun and entertaining contest that will challenge your comic book knowledge and put your grading skills to the test.

What time of day are you going to be posting the trivia Qs and the GTC images? Because these are "race" events everyone will want to see the post asap! No single set time will make everyone happy so I'm curious about the plan!