• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The NOD is hosting a game!

179 posts in this topic

Guess the NOD still hasn't found a single, positive voice for it yet. sad.

I think MIke is doing a great job...he is as positive as they get (thumbs u

I agree that he's an ideal choice, but he's getting stepped on left and right by others in the Org - even in this thread.

Wow! Don't even get me started on Mike. I suggest you ask to listen how Bill, Paul, and self were sold out in the BOD's first meeting. All to keep Mr. Zaid.

This is nothing but a superficial effort to get more traffic to their forum and maybe a few memberships.

Wow! Don't even get me started on Mike. I suggest you ask to listen how Bill, Paul, and self were sold out in the BOD's first meeting. All to keep Mr. Zaid.

This is nothing but a superficial effort to get more traffic to their forum and maybe a few memberships.

That's where you are wrong Aaron. The NOD is making major changes in the organization.

BTW, Josh Entin is our General Counsel. Mark Zaid is working on other projects for NOD.

As far as selling you out, you sold yourself out. You realized that you made some major screw-ups, and you quit the Board of Directors position a week before your term was up. At least Bill was man enough to finish his term. Paul was not a Board of Director the same time as I was. Furthermore, I believe Bill and Paul don't feel the same about me as you do. As far as I know, I have their blessings!

The sad thing here is, The NOD put all of this work into a fun game for the comic book community and some try to spoil it. :(

That's where you are wrong Aaron. The NOD is making major changes in the organization.

BTW, Josh Entin is our General Counsel. Mark Zaid is working on other projects for NOD.

As far as selling you out, you sold yourself out. You realized that you made some major screw-ups, and you quit the Board of Directors position a week before your term was up. At least Bill was man enough to finish his term. Paul was not a Board of Director the same time as I was. Furthermore, I believe Bill and Paul don't feel the same about me as you do. As far as I know, I have their blessings!

The sad thing here is, The NOD put all of this work into a fun game for the comic book community and some try to spoil it. :(

Wow I sure want to join NOD, will you dump on me if I were to leave after my membership was over?

Wow I sure want to join NOD, will you dump on me if I were to leave after my membership was over?

Only if you made a comment like Aaron just did.

thanks for attacking me via PM Zipper. Again, some things never change with this Org. Clearly, the strong arm intimidation tactics aren't working. (thumbs u

If anyone cares, I asked Paul in a PM what his problem was. It was hardly an "attack" or "strong arm intimidation tactic." :screwy: Geez... I figured a PM was a better solution than trying to start a public flame war.

We always had a friendly relationship and never exchanged a bad word as far as I know... so I was taken aback by his rude comment in this thread. (shrug)

Never had a friendly PM start with..."What the F is your problem?" :screwy:

This is why you guys are destined to fail. Airing dirty laundry in any organization is a No-No.

No one has learned to smile and wave yet.

The new NOD Board of Directors is trying to move the organization in a more positive mainstream direction. This contest is a just small first step in that process - a way of showing that we understand that this is a hobby and it's supposed to be fun. All we are asking is that you guys give us a chance to show that we can be a positve force in the hobby. This contest was just intended to be a goodwill gesture. That's all. We have more substanitive changes in the works as we speak and these we will be rolling out over the next few weeks.

What is your real beef Aaron, Paul? We are about to start putting in motion some things that you guys talked about, but never implemented. Ideas that would begin to shape NOD into a more mainstream collector's organization. And now you're trying to undercut us? If you really believed in those ideas, then you should be helping us.

yes. just look at this thread.

The new NOD Board of Directors is trying to move the organization in a more positive mainstream direction. This contest is a just small first step in that process - a way of showing that we understand that this is a hobby and it's supposed to be fun. All we are asking is that you guys give us a chance to show that we can be a positve force in the hobby. This contest was just intended to be a goodwill gesture. That's all. We have more substanitive changes in the works as we speak and these we will be rolling out over the next few weeks.

What is your real beef Aaron, Paul? We are about to start putting in motion some things that you guys talked about, but never implemented. Ideas that would begin to shape NOD into a more mainstream collector's organization. And now you're trying to undercut us? If you really believed in those ideas, then you should be helping us.

The ideals I believe in, the execution and communication and treatment of others - not so much.

Wow, you guys are like a bunch of kids.

If you don't like the NOD group can't you just ignore them?

Why do people always have to come into someone else's thread and start throwing insults? It reeks of bitterness.

So go air it out on the NOD boards or in an appropriate way...or better yet privately.

Somebody makes a post and then all the hater people sitting in a circle have to jump and air out dirty laundry?

Really. How productive has it been so far?

So go air it out on the NOD boards or in an appropriate way...or better yet privately.

Somebody makes a post and then all the hater people sitting in a circle have to jump and air out dirty laundry?

Really. How productive has it been so far?

I have enjoyed this thread much more than your current thread roy, even though I am very happy for you and lou :)

Wow, you guys are like a bunch of kids.

If you don't like the NOD group can't you just ignore them?

Why do people always have to come into someone else's thread and start throwing insults? It reeks of bitterness.

I appreciate your kind words Roy!

Everyone:

It's simple! The NOD is hosting a game. We would like anyone that is interested in playing to do so. I can promise that it will be fun, educational and profitable to the winner. I also will promise that the NOD will not hound people to become a member. We have turned over a new leaf. All we are asking is that interested people please give us a chance. To all of those that are not interested, no hard feelings. :foryou:

One of the issues that has always bothered me about NOD is many of the members consistently want to throw stones at CGC and use their own message board to do it. Then, when someone feels the need to boost membership or bestow an act of benevolence on the masses, the first place NOD heads to is the CGC message board for free advertisement.

I believe most people here are aware of NOD and are quite capable of finding information concerning the organization on its own web site and message board... if they're interested.

It seems like the NOD posts here just to get a rise out of people. They clearly know the minefield they are walking into, but then they act all shocked when someone speaks up or utters a single statement counter to their beliefs, communication style or opinion.