• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The NOD is hosting a game!

179 posts in this topic

Jeez...some of you guys are really a piece of work...

They want to host a game, with actual prizes, and all some of you can do is person_without_enough_empathy and moan about old grievences? Damn, you all sound like a bunch of spoiled brats who won't play hide and seek because someone stuck their tongue out at you.

I've read some really petty things on this Board but this is right up there near the top...

If you don't want to play, don't. If you do, have fun. But either way, all you all are doing in this thread is making yourselves look mighty silly...

Jim

kanye.jpg

I wish some of the hot co-eds I went to University with paid as much attention to me as some of you select board members do. I suppose I should feel complimented that you are so infatuated with me. You're better followers (or is it trollers? hm ) than the sheep minions I was accused of having in the early CGC pressing debates!!! lol

I hope you guys pay as much attention to your wives as you do to me. You - do - have - women - in -your - lives, right? (shrug)

And, no, I'm not talking about your mothers. :gossip:

:jokealert: (you guys can take it, right?) ;):hi:

Adds some life to their otherwise miserable existence apparently...

Jim

So pm me what when and where the game is played whiners

Here you go:

Beginning on Sunday September 27, the Network of Disclosure will be hosting a fun and exciting contest with a Grand Prize of a $500 credit at Quality Comix and a $100 cash prize for the runner-up (half of the Grand Prize was generously donated by Brent Moeshlin of Quality Comix). The contest will consist of eight individual events in three categories: Grading, Trivia, and Guess the Cover. Books from all eras will be included – from Golden Age to Modern – and the contest will be spread over several weeks. Anyone is eligible to participate – you do not have to be a member of NOD to play. A sign-up thread with contest details and rules has been created in the General Discussion forum on the NOD website. If you would like to participate in the contest, simply register on the NOD forum (registration is free) and post in this thread:

NOD Comic Book Triathlon - Official Rules and Sign-Up Thread

The deadline for registration is Saturday September 26. We hope you will join us in what should be a fun and entertaining contest that will challenge your comic book knowledge and put your grading skills to the test.

Just an update:

So far, 7 people have signed up for the contest. The deadline is Staurday the 26th. Someone is going to walk away with a $500 gift certificate from Qualitycomix. The runner-up will recieve $100 in cash. Here's a link to the details and sign-up thread.

http://www.networkofdisclosure.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=827

I wish everyone who enters the best of luck! :)

Mike

This is just a reminder that there are now less than 48 hours left to sign up for the NOD Comic Book Triathlon! For those who might have missed the original announcement last week, the Network of Disclosure is hosting a fun competition for comic fans who wish to participate, with a Grand Prize of a $500 gift certificate at Quality Comix and a $100 cash prize for the runner-up (half of the Grand Prize was generously donated by Brent Moeshlin of Quality Comix).

The contest will begin this Sunday night at 9:00pm EST. Players will participate in events in three categories: Grading, Trivia, and Guess the Cover. If you would like to join in, simply register at the NOD Forums and post in the following thread:

NOD Comic Book Triathlon - Official Rules and Sign-Up Thread

The official rules make look a little complicated, but actually the premise is very simple. Each week the players will grade one book, answer one trivia question, and guess one cover. After eight weeks, the player with the most points wins. Simple as that.

Grading and trivia should be self explanatory. If you want to get a feel for what the Guess the Cover events will be like, you can take a look at this thread from yesterday where we had a little practice session:

Guess the Cover!

We already have a great group of players lined up and this should be a lot fun. We hope that more of you will join us and make this a great event even better. Thanks for reading! (thumbs u