• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The best modern "investment" IMO

131 posts in this topic

Oh, i see, i have seen them before, but not the Platinum cover. i'm i right in saying the other covers are basically worth nothing.

spider_man_1990_1h.jpg

This one (Gold with UPC barcode) isn't worthless... it's probably rarer than Platinum.

Unfortunately, it isn't as "popular" as Platinum, though...

since the barcode is kinda ugly and the nearly-identical

gold with Spidey-head version is so common...

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Poor old Gold with UPC, can't get no respect. grin.gif

Oh, i see, i have seen them before, but not the Platinum cover. i'm i right in saying the other covers are basically worth nothing.

spider_man_1990_1h.jpg

This one (Gold with UPC barcode) isn't worthless... it's probably rarer than Platinum.

Unfortunately, it isn't as "popular" as Platinum, though...

since the barcode is kinda ugly and the nearly-identical

gold with Spidey-head version is so common...

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Poor old Gold with UPC, can't get no respect. grin.gif

I got $250 for my 9.6. I'll take that kind of insult any day.

What about NYX #3 with the introduction of X-23? Seems she's going to be in UNCANNY this summer, and later she'll have her own series. Is it possible that NYX #3 could be a worthy investment?

They seem to be going for $10-20 or more on ebay right now. If you can score some at or near cover price, it'll be a tasty short-term snack. Tough to say if it's a long-term hold, but if you can get a supply, they might continue to trend up. After the initial shock of a 2nd-generation Wolverine makes the rounds, it'll be up to Marvel to handle her development right.

Sorry folks for breaking off from the spiderman talk but I was thinking last night (whilst trying to get to sleep) about "best modern investment".

As we all know it's what isn't collected today but remains popular in years to come that sell's for big $$$ and it BANG it hit me.................

Simpons Comics

Before everybody flames me, have a think about it.

Everyone loves the Simpsons,kids are still watching it - these kids turn into fans,next thing you know they're in their 30's and want to get some of that old simpson magic.

Overstreet has issue 1 for 8 bucks wonder how much a 9.8 will be worth in 20 years ??

Plus it also helps that issue 1 was a cover swipe of FF1 and the art in the book looks the same as the tv show.

Thoughts anyone 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Simpsons and Futurama Comics are a big hit for the kids in the neigbourhood around my LCS and are nearly impossible to keep as a back issue in our neck of the woods. If you can find a copy of #1 for $8 then consider yourself lucky.

Bongo's Simpsons Comics #1 (Nov. 1993) was preceded by Simpsons Comics and Stories #1 (Jan. 1993) from Welsh Publishing. It came polybagged with a Bartman and Radioactive Man poster.

http://www.snpp.com/guides/comics_scs.html

Sorry folks for breaking off from the spiderman talk but I was thinking last night (whilst trying to get to sleep) about "best modern investment".

As we all know it's what isn't collected today but remains popular in years to come that sell's for big $$$ and it BANG it hit me.................

Simpons Comics

Before everybody flames me, have a think about it.

Everyone loves the Simpsons,kids are still watching it - these kids turn into fans,next thing you know they're in their 30's and want to get some of that old simpson magic.

Overstreet has issue 1 for 8 bucks wonder how much a 9.8 will be worth in 20 years ??

Plus it also helps that issue 1 was a cover swipe of FF1 and the art in the book looks the same as the tv show.

Thoughts anyone 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Very good points indeed! I think you have picked a winner here.

Something I have observed: I started collecting the Simpsons comics when the title started and stopped collecting it at # 25, when I saw the Giant sized 50th issue, I started again plus building my way backwards in the issues I missed.

I find that the issues from 28-40 are much harder to find than the rest, even the early issues. Possible lower print runs during this time?

There seem to be an abundance of early issues up to the 20's and after the 40's. I even see a lot of the bagged Simpsons Comics and Stories by Welsh Publishing. Simpsons Comics was suggested as a "future" investment, although I hesitate to use the word investment too often with comics! smirk.gif