• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The best modern "investment" IMO

131 posts in this topic

How about Elektra #3 "nude" version? A CGC 9.8 goes for big bucks at the moment.

personally (since i have a 9.6 nude) i would love to see it BUT i think its actually cooling off a bit at the moment. short term if there are a few movies (elektra and daredevil 2) might hop a bit but i would look for it to die off in a few years completely. just an opinion.

one from the far side of the tracks

early faust books. tim vigil does great art and if he ever goes mainstream his early faust stuff will be good to have. the early grips stuff is a bit too low budget to get the big bucks but faust is a better book. if he crosses to a big house (marvel dc etc) he could be as big as jim lee or linsner easily.

Speaking of Jim Lee, I dont think we re gonna have the same "insanity" we had in the Batman... His Superman hasnt just stuck, but froze completely!

(My Very First Post!! Welcome ME!!!) 893applaud-thumb.gif

Speaking of Jim Lee, I dont think we re gonna have the same "insanity" we had in the Batman... His Superman hasnt just stuck, but froze completely!

(My Very First Post!! Welcome ME!!!) 893applaud-thumb.gif

I totally blame it on [!@#%^&^]arello sumo.gif

i think anything in a CGC 10.0 is gonna worth something... especially one has a black cover!!

can some1 plz tell me what these Platinum Edition comics are?

edit: i just searched comicspriceguide.com but could find anything on Platinum comics...

Surely,

In the early 90's, Marvel started up a new title in the franchise brand at #1 with Todd McFarlane's Spidey. There were I believe 6 number 1 issues(someone correct me if i'm wrong):

1)Green regular cover

2) Black cover

3)Silver "Bagged" cover

4)Gold UPC code

5)Gold Direct cover

6) Retailer only 10,000 print run Platinum

Platinum books are usually some sort of incentive/special edition making it more rare. However, there have since been a plethora of Platinum books put out simply to induce collectors into buying them for a perceived "future value"...that's about it folks!

thanks! so that 10,000 limited run is the one every1 has been talking about?

does that 6 cover thing only apply to spider-man or other comics aswell? was it just a reprint, one off, of the orignal #1? or an on-goin thing?

27_laughing.gif, sorry for so many questions, im sitll very new to comics industry. thanks in advanced!

i think anything in a CGC 10.0 is gonna worth something... especially one has a black cover!!

can some1 plz tell me what these Platinum Edition comics are?

edit: i just searched comicspriceguide.com but could find anything on Platinum comics...

Sure 10.0's will always be worth something, but more often than not less than you paid for them. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You ready for the rundown of all the SPIDER-MAN # 1 variants? No? Too bad...

1A black cover (=newsstand), SPM face in UPC area

spider_man_1990_1a.jpg

1B black cover (=newsstand), barcode in UPC area

spider_man_1990_1b.jpg

1C silver cover (=direct sales)

spider_man_1990_1c.jpg

1D black cover, sealed bag, SPM face in UPC area

spider_man_1990_1d.jpg

1E black cover, sealed bag, barcode in UPC area

spider_man_1990_1e.jpg

1F silver cover, sealed bag

spider_man_1990_1f.jpg