• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ogami's Shadow Gallery!

7,518 posts in this topic

So I'm watching 2001: A Space Odyssey this afternoon and I'm struck by how much Ive forgotten about this film. There's very little plot, so that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about how psychedelic it is, and how very little dialogue there is. I think I need to watch this film after every ten Bendis books I read.

I recently watched it for the first time. Was also surprised how little dialogue there was. Going into it, I didn't know it was broken up into parts.

Also didn't realize a sequel was made: 2010: The Year We Make Contact.

In summary, there's apparently a lot I don't know.

I have never seen it. Just bits and pieces. :ohnoez:

I wonder if it is on Netflix streaming.

People don't usually have many nice things to say about 2010, but I thought it was ok. My patience for 2001 a few years ago wasn't what it was in my 20s. It's a masterpiece for sure, but repeat viewings are difficult.

So I'm watching 2001: A Space Odyssey this afternoon and I'm struck by how much Ive forgotten about this film. There's very little plot, so that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about how psychedelic it is, and how very little dialogue there is. I think I need to watch this film after every ten Bendis books I read.

I recently watched it for the first time. Was also surprised how little dialogue there was. Going into it, I didn't know it was broken up into parts.

It's now in my queue. Not streaming, though.

It's now in my queue. Not streaming, though.

I had it in my queue last year but we just went to streaming. We were horrible about keeping the discs for a week or two before returning them. :ohnoez:

Casting the Shadow Gallery Movie - Discuss:

Ogami: Vincent Donofrio

Fingh: Daniel Day-Lewis

Park: Keanu Reeves

Jeffro: Mark Wahlberg

BUTM: Arnold Vosloo

Dover: Ed Harris

Reader: Randy Couture

RMA: The Unknown Comic

Paratrooper: James Van Der Beek

Spideyfan76: One of the Baldwins

Tupenny: David Hyde Pierce late cast change to Jason Statham

Mr fingh, may TupennyConan remain that funny little sissie fellow from Frazier, please?

No. You are bald, and buff enuff to get the girl and be the action hero. You, sir, are Jason Statham. Plus Dale said if I was mean to you, I could never come by his stand again.

Mr fingh, may TupennyConan remain that funny little sissie fellow from Frazier, please?

No. You are bald, and buff enuff to get the girl and be the action hero. You, sir, are Jason Statham. Plus Dale said if I was mean to you, I could never come by his stand again.

Even if all of that were true, you're still guilty of confusing Señor Tupenny with Bill.

Don't do that. It's confusing.

Even if all of that were true, you're still guilty of confusing Señor Tupenny with Bill.

Yes, I am confused.

Yes, I am confused.

Okay, I'll be Jason Statham. He is very bald.

Yes, I am confused.

I actually thought I would have the least trouble with you about the casting. It figures.

Yes, I am confused.

I actually thought I would have the least trouble with you about the casting. It figures.

I'm drunk. & attention whoring. Look at all the replies I got from you. It worked.

G'night CGC Boards & puppet theatre thread!

Happy Halloween!

Donofrino I accept. At any weight. And any lucidity. Although I prefer Philip Seyemore Hoffman. Again, at any weight, any lucidity.

I do not accept Fingh as Day Lewis. As a white Webster, yes, but not as a Day Lewis.

I have many posts to reply to. This will not happen tonight. It is my distinct pleasure to have such wonderful friends playing in my thread and it makes me very, very happy.

'night, gentlemen.

and Park.