• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay Sellers ?

67 posts in this topic

Hey guys, been reading the forums about ebay sellers and other threads, as a newb comic book collector (getting back into the game since i was wee little lol), is there a list of ebay people that need to be avoided from buying from (such as grading to high, or scam artist)? or people recommend?

I searched the forums but couldn't find anything "concreate". But I'm sure information like a list, from veteran members or experienced members, can provide us newbies some direction without getting burned and wasting our money. I'd hate to buy a high grade book then later find out it was restored or trimmed.

Thanks

Chris

Hey guys, been reading the forums about ebay sellers and other threads, as a newb comic book collector (getting back into the game since i was wee little lol), is there a list of ebay people that need to be avoided from buying from (such as grading to high, or scam artist)? or people recommend?

I searched the forums but couldn't find anything "concreate". But I'm sure information like a list, from veteran members or experienced members, can provide us newbies some direction without getting burned and wasting our money. I'd hate to buy a high grade book then later find out it was restored or trimmed.

Thanks

Chris

WTTB! It would be nice if there was an easy way for sellers to share their blocked bidders list, but I don't believe there is one. Mine is so freakin' large it's not even funny. :(

WTTB, Chris!

A word of advice...

eBay is an utter -shoot and your chances of getting what you paid for are about the same as your chances of getting ripped off.

Can I suggest that you actually spend your money here in the Marketplace? There's probably enough offered to bankrupt you anyway, and your chances of receiving something you're happy with will be vastly increased! (thumbs u

Only deal with sellers that have outstanding feedback. At least 4.7 or higher across the board. Look for board members who sell on ebay. Do not bid on a book if they say "I am not a pro grader" That means "this book is overgraded and your s.o.l. because I said I'm not a pro grader".

Their is a thread on here of top notch ebay sellers. Good luck finding though. I've come to realize that whatever you put in the search bar is about the only thing that DOESN'T come up....lol

I'm new too and stopped buying (and even looking) from ebay and simply browse the market place here or put up a WTB thread. Much rather my cash go to someone on here and trust I will at least get a decently packaged item. well sometimes anyway ;)

Only deal with sellers that have outstanding feedback. At least 4.7 or higher across the board. Look for board members who sell on ebay. Do not bid on a book if they say "I am not a pro grader" That means "this book is overgraded and your s.o.l. because I said I'm not a pro grader".

Their is a thread on here of top notch ebay sellers. Good luck finding though. I've come to realize that whatever you put in the search bar is about the only thing that DOESN'T come up....lol

I somewhat agree BUT cant we draw a conclusion or at least an idea on grade by the pictures in the auction? Ive seen people say good or very good when clearly the vg was much better . They obviously think VG is top notch condition..

Ive actually found some stuff that was WAAAAY undergraded due to the sellers lack of grading skills.And gotten bargains this way.

As far as being a "pro" grader..Arent we all novice graders? I consider myself very good but far from a pro.I think pro in anything means getting paid for your services.Unless you work for CGC how can you be a pro grader?

Always look at return policy as well or as the above poster points out. look at the ratings.4.7-4.8 min seems about right.The most important IMO being "item as described".Sometimes sellers who dont normally deal in comics come across collections and have no clue how to sell them so def proceed with caution.BUT to say all people that say im not a pro grader means its overgraded is not right either..Use your own judgement We can all tell a good from a nm by a picture basically. 2c

WTTB, Chris!

A word of advice...

eBay is an utter -shoot and your chances of getting what you paid for are about the same as your chances of getting ripped off.

Can I suggest that you actually spend your money here in the Marketplace? There's probably enough offered to bankrupt you anyway, and your chances of receiving something you're happy with will be vastly increased! (thumbs u

A bit harsh Nick. I sell on Ebay and I'm as trustworthy as you are ever likely to find.

There is always loads of great stuff in the marketplace in here but sometimes shipping can be a factor when you are buying from the UK.

Plus, there are a number of sellers here who don't ship abroad.

So, whereas I can understand the intent of your original statement I do believe there are a number of well known sellers who can be trusted on Ebay.

Maybe Arch can put his awesome mind to help our Euro brothers out

and start a Worldwide selling board ?? Lord knows that $40USD to

send a few $10 comics to London or Nice is a bit rough.

I also am trustworthy and several people on here will vouch for my grading. I also offer a no questions asked return policy. I have tons of product not in my ebay store, and would be happy to help you with a want list (though might take a little while right now as I have newborn). You can access my ebay store at www.dalerobertscomics.com.

WTTB, Chris!

Plus, there are a number of sellers here who don't ship abroad.

I haven't been able to find any sellers willing to ship a broad and believe me, I tried. :insane:

Dead or alive lol

:shrug: Does it matter?

Raw or slabbed (shrug)