• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay Sellers ?

67 posts in this topic

Just tell them to pay you in quid and see what happens.

I've thought about that before. There are plenty of currency converters available online to work out the $ vs £. I might give that a try.

I was going to create a villain who could turn his body into peanuts and call him "Nutter" and his M.O. would be to cram his arms (which would then be nuts) down someone's throat and he would say his catch phrase "Why don't you choke on theeeeeeeeeeeeeeese nuts?!?"

Plus, there are a number of sellers here who don't ship abroad.

You're kidding, right? :o

Nope!

OK, I haven't ventured into the Marketplace in months, and it seems that things have gone to mess in the meantime. doh!

I cannot believe that anybody part of this community would be unwilling to ship outside of their precious ing shores. Un-ing-believable. meh

Some even state they want 3% more than asking if you want to pay them immediately by paypal rather than make them wait weeks to get and cash a cheque or money order. :o

I think this practice was way more rampant before Paypal instituted the "Personal" tab, allowing for transactions sans fees. Before that, almost every single sales thread on this board had that addendum. Fewer and fewer sellers here are using the 3% PP "tax," it seems, since the change. I agree, though, that the additional 3% definitely does nothing to instill a sense of community around here.

The Paypal Personal tab, as far as I'm aware, does not omit fees from transactions - it just passes them on to the buyer. It effectively equates to the "tax".

Only if the buyer is paying via CC. If the payment comes from a balance or bank account and is marked 'personal', no fees are payable. (thumbs u

Not true for me - I only pay via paypal funds or the bank account linked to my paypal account and I've always had to pay the 1%.

Same for me and I am from Canada. If I have enough money in my Paypal balance I pay 1% fee using personal; if I don't have enough money and use my credit card, then I pay 4% fee. Here is the explanation from PayPal when I did ask them why :

"Thank you for taking the time to write to us with your concern regarding the 1% fee that you have in sending a personal payment. I apologize for the inconvenience that this might have caused you but let me check this one out for you. I am happy to assist you further. Customers who receive a payment from a user in another country are charged a cross border fee."

Some 'scary' places I've shipped to :

India

Malaysia

London (only because the buyer bought a large-box item and wanted it shipped the cheapest way - I think it went over on a slow boat, it took over 3 months to get to the buyer!)

lol

-slym