• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OK what's the deal with this piece?

8 posts in this topic

http://cgi.ebay.com/ORIGINAL-BATMAN-SKETCH-ART-by-ETHAN-VAN-SCIVER_W0QQitemZ140346368345QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item20ad4ba159&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I have seen it up several times and at many different prices and have even seen it sold A COUPLE TIMES... and yet the guy has perfect feedback. There's something weird here.

What's the deal with the price? $2K for a Van Sciver unpublished pin-up?

Really?

:gossip: His published covers can go for 3 times this price.

I have seen at least one commission piece, albeit larger with more characters, go for over $3500, and his commission work can be even more detailed and intense than his published work.

So it's not out of line really.

C

That EVS commission that went for 3500 was killer !....I remember seeing it on someone's CAF and didn't think he would sell it. If I am not mistaken, he had waited like 2 yrs for Ethan to finish it.....Just a great, great piece.....Which just goes to show, EVERYTHING is for sale....as discussed in the lenghty "NFS" thread....

That EVS commission that went for 3500 was killer !....I remember seeing it on someone's CAF and didn't think he would sell it. If I am not mistaken, he has waited like 2 yrs for Ethan to finish it.....Just a great, great piece.....Which just goes to show, EVERYTHING is for sale....as discussed in the lenghty "NFS" thread....

I wish I woulda known he would was parting with it...it's an amazing piece.

C

I saw that piece being relisted, I didn't realize it sold. That price changes like a yoyo, I think I've it as low as $300.

Maybe he alternate from 3K to $300 so that someone might hit the bin when they see it at $300!

Malvin

Thank you Malvin for getting to the point...Yes, I have seen it for as low as $250 as well and obviously at that price it sold, and then I saw it relisted and sold again. I've seen it sell a couple times so I am wondering what is going on with it.