• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should this copy of Batman 9 have been graded 4.0?

18 posts in this topic

This copy of Batman 9 is currently up for auction on eBay, graded 4.0 by CGC. The damage on the left side of the book has kept me from bidding. I'm far from a grading expert, but I would think the tear/apparent damage would have lowered the grade.

Just curious what y'all thought.

Thanks.

I'm having trouble copying the image, but here is a link to the auction..

Batman 9 4.0

I'd want a closer look - based on the the sellers description of the book - it sounds like it's pretty much just color loss - which can look worse than normal on a black cover book. But if the paper is actually damaged and weakened, then it's a weak 4.0

Hating the new eBay scan hosting thing.

Yes.

I know the spine sucks and if you are a spine freak like me I'd stay clear.

The rest of the book looks like it's in the 7s so 4 seems about right.

looks 4.0 to me. buy it and add a little color touch with a black marker and resubmit it and then see what grade it will get.

lol - yeah, do this. And send in a picture of Chuck norris with your submission and pray..

devigrin.gif

374493981.jpg

looks 4.0 to me. buy it and add a little color touch with a black marker and resubmit it and then see what grade it will get.

lol - yeah, do this. And send in a picture of Chuck norris with your submission and pray..

devigrin.gif

374493981.jpg

Picture to cgc grader: Grade it 9.6 or you´ll smell my fist :cool: