• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone been reading Deadpool lately?

43 posts in this topic

I dropped Deadpool after the first 8 issues, I didn't think he was as entertaining as he used to be. I'll probably keep the ones that I've got unless I encounter someone who particularly wants to buy them.
What condition? :baiting:

They've been read once so are in the same condition that I bought them in. :baiting: :baiting:

meh:kidaround:

:o:shy::tonofbricks:

I'm loving the current Deadpool series. IMO it blows the 1st ongoing series out of the water. I know it's a slightly different take on the character, but I think it further distances himself from being more than a Spider-man like guy that kills people.

He OWNED Bullseye, that was great stuff!

I just picked up the first 2 issues of the 2008 Dead pool series and I'm loving it. Even with the parental advisory they #$&@ all the curse words. I've been reading a lot of Vertigo and Image books as of late and I find even the word "s**t" offsets the flow.

Still one of the most fun I've had in a hero comic though.

The main reason is that the middle of the series was so blah. There was a lot of interest for the 1st five issues. But it dwindled quickly. I remember picking up the Punisher/Deadpool issues and there was still almost no interest. By the time it was cranking down, it had been a book to skip for too long. It's a shame because some crazy art came out of the book towards the end. I also don't think the Agent X and Liefeld/X-Force baloney helped any.

Pat