• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Human body substitution debate......

28 posts in this topic

Dmac posted some new books in the "Whats new in your collection" thread, and one of them was this book. This book always struck me as fantastic !! I mean, remove this from the comic book world and place living human bodies in these positions and doing these things and it would be terrifying !! That lady would be freakin out, cuz the guy in the yellow suit just jumped off the freakin roof with her in one arm and he has already dropped at least two floors. Do you know how fast they must be traveling? The strength it would take to grab ahold of something and stop that much weight from continuing forward would be off the charts. If you don't believe me.....try jumping off a chair and grabbing hold of something to keep you from hitting the ground.

I figure D. Devil weighs 180 -200. Add in the girl say......130 - 160 and you are pushin 300 + pounds of mass flying through the air.....WITH GRAVITY HELPING IT. No man on earth could stop that much weight with ONE ARM. Any other good covers for comment?

Daredevil4.jpg

2 Things...

1) If you ever see a woman that looks as good as Karen Page and you tell her you think she weighs 160 lbs be prepared to do the math on the amount of pounds per square inch that same woman will produce while attempting to lodge her shoe in your rectum.

2) It's a good thing Daredevil is fictional, otherwise that would hurt like a mutha. (thumbs u

2 Things...

1) If you ever see a woman that looks as good as Karen Page and you tell her you think she weighs 160 lbs be prepared to do the math on the amount of pounds per square inch that same woman will produce while attempting to lodge her shoe in your rectum.

2) It's a good thing Daredevil is fictional, otherwise that would hurt like a mutha. (thumbs u

My post really sucks compared to this post.

2 Things...

lol

Daredevil4.jpg

Just noticed this is an awesome green dress cover.

(thumbs u

As I voted a few weeks ago in the DD cover poll, this is my favorite of the early covers!

Green dress, and the crazy Purple Man! DD's villians are so offbeat and odd, one of the reasons its my favorite of the Marvel titles!

Did Kirby have a hand in the layout of this cover? Ms. Page looks very much like a Kirby gal here!

I wish all women looked that good at 160 pounds. :cloud9::cloud9:

Yeah, gotta say you lost some cred with the 130-160 estimate! I would go maybe 110-125 (depending on height). But I'm inclined to around 115-120.

Are you kidding?? The only women who weigh 115-120 are 5'2'' and skinny as a rail and live in Mozambique. I was using my daughter as an guide who is around 5'8'' and 135 -140. Here she is doing the "Man Show" trampoline jump. Careful now...... (tsk)

IMG_0886.jpg

I'm 6'3" about 230

dscn5554.jpg

grinc.jpg

:censored: ! :censored:! :censored:! My head is on fire! My bike is on fire! My wang is probably on fire too! I better just kick back and relax or it might get worse!

Is Ghost Rider alive? I thought he was a dead guy or somethin.....but yea, flame equals pain in my book. But isn't there certain kinds of fire that do not burn hot? They use it for fire performers and fire stick twirling and stuff.

Daredevil4.jpg

(thumbs u

As I voted a few weeks ago in the DD cover poll, this is my favorite of the early covers!

Green dress, and the crazy Purple Man! DD's villians are so offbeat and odd, one of the reasons its my favorite of the Marvel titles!

Did Kirby have a hand in the layout of this cover? Ms. Page looks very much like a Kirby gal here!

Fortunately, as a dedicated FF collector, I have the "inside story" on this cover. The girl pictured is in fact Sue the Invisible Woman, not Karen. Sue is projecting a force field to help support and balance DD as they plummet from the rooftop. I know that you're thinking I'm full of :censored: , and as usual I am, but I have proof.

ff45.jpg

Same face and same hair. Sue had actually just left the barber shop when she met up with DD and got involved in this story. Shortly afterwards, Sue joined up with the FF for issue 45.

Fortunately, as a dedicated FF collector, I have the "inside story" on this cover. The girl pictured is in fact Sue the Invisible Woman, not Karen. Sue is projecting a force field to help support and balance DD as they plummet from the rooftop. I know that you're thinking I'm full of :censored: , and as usual I am, but I have proof.

ff45.jpg

Same face and same hair. Sue had actually just left the barber shop when she met up with DD and got involved in this story. Shortly afterwards, Sue joined up with the FF for issue 45.

textbook No Prize candidate

I wish all women looked that good at 160 pounds. :cloud9::cloud9:

Yeah, gotta say you lost some cred with the 130-160 estimate! I would go maybe 110-125 (depending on height). But I'm inclined to around 115-120.

Are you kidding?? The only women who weigh 115-120 are 5'2'' and skinny as a rail and live in Mozambique. I was using my daughter as an guide who is around 5'8'' and 135 -140. Here she is doing the "Man Show" trampoline jump. Careful now...... (tsk)

IMG_0886.jpg

I'm 6'3" about 230

dscn5554.jpg

I still say 130-160 is out of line for her (esp the 160 end).

On another note, your daughter looks like an attractive, intelligent young woman who probably makes you proud. (how was that?)

grinc.jpg

:censored: ! :censored:! :censored:! My head is on fire! My bike is on fire! My wang is probably on fire too! I better just kick back and relax or it might get worse!

Is Ghost Rider alive? I thought he was a dead guy or somethin.....but yea, flame equals pain in my book. But isn't there certain kinds of fire that do not burn hot? They use it for fire performers and fire stick twirling and stuff.

See my loop in my sig line. Yep, that cr@p = PAIN if you screw up. If you have any leads on any special, cool-burning, performers' fire please gimme a yell! :flamed:

Daredevil4.jpg

(thumbs u

ff45.jpg

lol.....good one Dave. But I thought Johnny did all the haircutting after he took care of Namors beard and locks way back in issue .....uh.....#4?