• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Human body substitution debate......

28 posts in this topic

Just noticed this is an awesome green dress cover.

(thumbs u

As I voted a few weeks ago in the DD cover poll, this is my favorite of the early covers!

Green dress, and the crazy Purple Man! DD's villians are so offbeat and odd, one of the reasons its my favorite of the Marvel titles!

Did Kirby have a hand in the layout of this cover? Ms. Page looks very much like a Kirby gal here!

Fortunately, as a dedicated FF collector, I have the "inside story" on this cover. The girl pictured is in fact Sue the Invisible Woman, not Karen. Sue is projecting a force field to help support and balance DD as they plummet from the rooftop. I know that you're thinking I'm full of :censored: , and as usual I am, but I have proof.

ff45.jpg

Same face and same hair. Sue had actually just left the barber shop when she met up with DD and got involved in this story. Shortly afterwards, Sue joined up with the FF for issue 45.

lol.....good one Dave. But I thought Johnny did all the haircutting after he took care of Namors beard and locks way back in issue .....uh.....#4?

Johnny found that cutting hair made him look kinda gay and was interfering with chasing chicks. The deal does rely on him to BBQ tho.

I wish all women looked that good at 160 pounds. :cloud9::cloud9:

Yeah, gotta say you lost some cred with the 130-160 estimate! I would go maybe 110-125 (depending on height). But I'm inclined to around 115-120.

I think Miss Page has about 30 pounds in her head alone. Kirby allways drew thick heads!

Spider-Man is one of the worst offenders of this principle.

I'm not surprised that Gwen's neck snapped when he tried to save her; I'm surprised that he doesn't snap dang near everyone else's that he tries to save by stopping their fall with a sudden stop from hundreds and hundreds of feet of freefall.