• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I've Wasted At Least 7 People's Time - Woo Hoo!

Would US boardies pay for deals in Sterling?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Would US boardies pay for deals in Sterling?

77 posts in this topic

It seems the fee that appeared in the transaction details is no longer there. When I initially received the payment last night there was a $7 fee in the Currency Conversion box. I never checked my balance either as I paid some of it out not long after.

Maybe it was a glitch? I'm stumped. paying in $ is fine people. I'm a and this thread is a complete waste of time.

Glitch or not I liked the thread :banana:

I need a beer.

Make sure you get an English pint, so you don't get less drunk on the conversion.

I asked for a pint in Michigan and got the strangest look ever. Mind you I asked for a pack of 20 as well and got an even stranger look :screwy:

wait till you ask where you can 'smoke a '...i nearly got lynched!!!

F.A.G is censored???????????? doh!

It seems the fee that appeared in the transaction details is no longer there. When I initially received the payment last night there was a $7 fee in the Currency Conversion box. I never checked my balance either as I paid some of it out not long after.

Maybe it was a glitch? I'm stumped. paying in $ is fine people. I'm a and this thread is a complete waste of time.

I need a beer.

Make sure you get an English pint, so you don't get less drunk on the conversion.

I asked for a pint in Michigan and got the strangest look ever. Mind you I asked for a pack of 20 as well and got an even stranger look :screwy:

That was what I asked for :insane:

I need a beer.

(tsk)

I need a beer.

The Film Actors Guild?

I need a beer.

(tsk)

That's what we call them over here (shrug)

I need a beer.

Just think about us trying to describe a little Jack Russell terrier as "spunky," and the looks we get from using that term in G.B.

(tsk)

That's what we call them over here (shrug)

I know. Just playing :insane: I also know that when you guys get pissed it means something else as well. lol

(thumbs u

rantrant What are you Brits and Canadians doing buying our American comic books anyway!!! Go collect Beano or Tintin or whatever it is you guys produce. :baiting:

Are any comics actually made in Canada? Or do all Canadian entertainers just go to America to create art? (shrug)

Or ASTERIX and THE SMURFS

And I believe practically every comic Marvel and DC print is actually PRINTED IN CANADA

At least that used to be the case when I still paid attention to moderns

asterix.jpgsmurfs-SEXY.jpg

rantrant What are you Brits and Canadians doing buying our American comic books anyway!!! Go collect Beano or Tintin or whatever it is you guys produce. :baiting:

Are any comics actually made in Canada? Or do all Canadian entertainers just go to America to create art? (shrug)

Or ASTERIX and THE SMURFS

And I believe practically every comic Marvel and DC print is actually PRINTED IN CANADA

At least that used to be the case when I still paid attention to moderns

And all the good American comics are written by Brits anyway ;)

Here's how Paypal works, for those of you still fumbling around in the dark. :insane:

International to UK transactions attract a fee of approximately 4%.

On top of this, when you withdraw the funds into a UK bank account, the conversion rate Paypal applies is approximately 3% worse than the bank rate for that day.

So, as an example, I receive $200 for a sale. After fees, I have $192 in my Paypal account.

I withdraw that $192 and the bank rate for the day is $1.60-£1.00. I should therefore receive £120?

Not so. Paypal use a bank rate in that example of around $1.66-£1.00, so I actually only receive £115.66.

If we go back to the original $200 that I sold my item for, a straight bank rate conversion gives me £125...but I actually only received £115.66. :cry:

Now, let's look at a sale made in Sterling. Gav has a book with a GPA of $160. Bank rate for the day is $1.60-£1.00, so he put it up for sale at £100. US buyer sends £100 out of his Paypal balance. Gav receives £96 after fees...and the buyer is charged the Paypal exchange rate, which is $166.

They get you coming and going. :insane: