• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay User - Would You Risk It?

53 posts in this topic

It depends on how much your spending, if your buying a few then take a shot with him, if your happy with purchase then go buy more, if your gonna spend a significant amount of money then try to get big scans from him. does he have a scanner? you wouldn`t believe it but some people still don`t have scanners or digital cameras.

The only thing I can think of as to why he won't send large scans is he doesn't know how?

He has the scan, doesn't know how to make it bigger so he won't, unaware that all you are asking is for an email of the very scan he used to post in the first place.

Shrug

The only thing I can think of as to why he won't send large scans is he doesn't know how?

He has the scan, doesn't know how to make it bigger so he won't, unaware that all you are asking is for an email of the very scan he used to post in the first place.

Shrug

I was thinking that too. It's either that or the guy is just too lazy to rescan them for him.

I don't blame him for not sending larger pics.

In the 13 years I have been on ebay, not once has someone that requested I do some sort of "extra work" every bought anything that I can recall. It is usualy a waste of the seller's time.

He gave half decent pics, and he is giving detailed descriptions of the defects on the comics. On the FF #50 he says there are 11 spine stresses on the book. If only all sellers gave that kind of info.

I'd go ahead and buy from him.

I assume you are buying THIS COMIC from him, right?

In the 13 years I have been on ebay, not once has someone that requested I do some sort of "extra work" every bought anything that I can recall. It is usualy a waste of the seller's time.

And how would he know that, being brand new to eBay? (shrug) You'd think he might be a bit keen to offer good service.

He gave half decent pics, and he is giving detailed descriptions of the defects on the comics.

You're joking, right? :screwy:

D.C Batman #198.

Condition Fine +

Batman185.jpg

We'll ignore the fact it says #185 in the auction header, but you consider that to be a 'detailed description'? A detailed ing description??? :o

On the FF #50 he says there are 11 spine stresses on the book. If only all sellers gave that kind of info.

Be my guest. I think you'd make a nice pair. meh

He gave half decent pics, and he is giving detailed descriptions of the defects on the comics. On the FF #50 he says there are 11 spine stresses on the book. If only all sellers gave that kind of info.

I assume you are buying THIS COMIC from him, right?

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you have a reputation of Overgrading on Ebay hm

Originally Posted By: dekeuk

And how would he know that, being brand new to eBay? You'd think he might be a bit keen to offer good service.

---------------

wouldn't the request here simply entail e-mailing the jpeg and letting the potential buyer do what they can to blow it up more than what ebay does?

i tend to agree on some things though, I am not going to do 6 additional scans of a $5 book, but he has some $100 books there, and extra scans would definitely be warranted..

All I was asking for were the original scans he took to upload to eBay. It would take him ten minutes maximum. If he can't be bothered to do that why would he be bothered to refund?

And his feedback, well most of it, does sound fake.

All I was asking for were the original scans he took to upload to eBay. It would take him ten minutes maximum. If he can't be bothered to do that why would he be bothered to refund?

And his feedback, well most of it, does sound fake.

Avoid him Gav and look somewhere else.

I specifically state in ALL my auctions that if additional scans are needed to just email. The scanner sits right next to me for pete's sake - how hard is it to grab a book and do another scan? (shrug)

:golfclap:

I wouldn't trust anybody who refuses to send larger pics.

That was what I was thinking...

Agreed. (thumbs u

Yep, same here Gav :eek:

Yep. And the prices aren´t that good after all (shrug)

The more I look at the books the more I tend to agree. One email from him would have helped me make that decision days ago.

I just don't understand the mentality behind it. OK so he will refund, but what are the chances he refunds return shipping? I don't want to pay $3 to look at a book I may or may not want.

If I had robojo's morals, I could send him a worse copy back. Emailing large scans is as much in the seller's interest as the buyer's. He has scans of the books, he has internet access, where's the problem?

I would much rather buy a book after seeing as much as possible to make an informed decision, and with the intention of keeping it. A refund is the last resort to a transaction. Not the basis of it.

Personally I enjoy taking chances on Ebay and find quite a few deals when I do. I balance my purchases between sellers I've dealt with before and giving a new somewhat questionable seller a try.

It's probably because of my early feedback on Ebay which would ensure nobody here would buy from me. There is a learning curve.

You mentioned Robojo - - what's the story there? He has some nice comics.

Agreed. (thumbs u

The more I look at the books the more I tend to agree. One email from him would have helped me make that decision days ago.

I just don't understand the mentality behind it. OK so he will refund, but what are the chances he refunds return shipping? I don't want to pay $3 to look at a book I may or may not want.

If I had robojo's morals, I could send him a worse copy back. Emailing large scans is as much in the seller's interest as the buyer's. He has scans of the books, he has internet access, where's the problem?

I would much rather buy a book after seeing as much as possible to make an informed decision, and with the intention of keeping it. A refund is the last resort to a transaction. Not the basis of it.

Personally I enjoy taking chances on Ebay and find quite a few deals when I do. I balance my purchases between sellers I've dealt with before and giving a new somewhat questionable seller a try.

It's probably because of my early feedback on Ebay which would ensure nobody here would buy from me. There is a learning curve.

:o :o

DRX

Agreed. (thumbs u

Looks like he does doesn't it meh