• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beware "makemeanofferandwin" on ebay. Here's my short story...

87 posts in this topic

He refunded your money and you still negged him?

No offense, but regardless of what the guy's history is, you're a for negging him.

He was wrong for doing what he did, but two wrongs don't make a right.

If you came on here telling how you sold a guy a book that was trimmed, he caught it and wanted a refund, you gave it, then he negged YOU, everyone here would have pitchforks chasing him down.

Sorry, that was just my take on the transaction. 2c

Dice, you're just wrong on this one. He plays the same game as robojo. He sells known PLOD books as unrestored. If anyone objects, he issues a refund and tries again. Not negging him is just continuing to keep people in the dark about what he does. Read some of the threads here about this guy.

EXACTLY!!!

No offense, but regardless of what the guy's history is, you're a for negging him.

If you came on here telling how you sold a guy a book that was trimmed, he caught it and wanted a refund, you gave it, then he negged YOU, everyone here would have pitchforks chasing him down.

Dice, you're just wrong on this one. He plays the same game as robojo. He sells known PLOD books as unrestored. If anyone objects, he issues a refund and tries again. Not negging him is just continuing to keep people in the dark about what he does. Read some of the threads here about this guy.

EXACTLY!!!

Actually the neg you left alerted me, so I thank you. (worship) I had written to him asking questions about a lot he has up now, and I was seroiusly considering them, until I saw that not only did you leave him a neg, but he left one in return.

I don't like leaving negs...but I will if I have to...

As for ungraded books...I bought some recently and met some very nice people, including a few boarders...it's not EVERYONE...it's just the turkeys stick out so much.

EXACTLY!!!

Actually the neg you left alerted me, so I thank you. (worship) I had written to him asking questions about a lot he has up now, and I was seroiusly considering them, until I saw that not only did you leave him a neg, but he left one in return.

I don't like leaving negs...but I will if I have to...

As for ungraded books...I bought some recently and met some very nice people, including a few boarders...it's not EVERYONE...it's just the turkeys stick out so much.

Yes, me too.

I have done pretty good overall on raw books as I make sure that the seller has a refund policy so at the most I am out shipping. I am much much more cautious though as Narbeh is not the only one.

I second everything noted in this thread. I just bought a GSX #1 from him which he claimed was a high grade 8.5. When I got it it was at best a 6.0, and everyone I know thought so too. It was coming apart at the spine and had all sorts of wear on the front that wasnt' disclosed. Its back on ebay now and listed as an 8.5 again. He refunded me but said he'd pay half the return shipping and never did so. Buyer beware!

I second everything noted in this thread. I just bought a GSX #1 from him which he claimed was a high grade 8.5. When I got it it was at best a 6.0, and everyone I know thought so too. It was coming apart at the spine and had all sorts of wear on the front that wasnt' disclosed. Its back on ebay now and listed as an 8.5 again. He refunded me but said he'd pay half the return shipping and never did so. Buyer beware!

neg him! and welcome to the boards

Honestly, this guy is getting a lot of people, if you haven't already left feedback, neg the outta him...

WHY WHY WHY do people continue to buy from sellers that have private feedback?????? I dont understand that.You buy something from this clown then you complain that you got scammed..no offense meant to OP but cmon private feedback is a way to hide things and those people should be avoided at all cost..

If the feedback is private you cant even look up what they sold or for how much..

EBAY 101....... NEVER buy from these kind of sellers

I hate seeing this kind of stuff but cant we all be a bit smarter when using Ebay (shrug)

WHY WHY WHY do people continue to buy from sellers that have private feedback?????? I dont understand that.You buy something from this clown then you complain that you got scammed..no offense meant to OP but cmon private feedback is a way to hide things and those people should be avoided at all cost..

Exactly. Thank you. (worship)

If the feedback is private you cant even look up what they sold or for how much..

EBAY 101....... NEVER buy from these kind of sellers

I hate seeing this kind of stuff but cant we all be a bit smarter when using Ebay (shrug)

What? It's impossible for a seller on ebay to have private feedback (only buyers can have private feedback) - it's been that way for a long time:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/feedback/profile-public-private.html

makemeanofferandwin's feedback (It isn't private.)

Also, I just noticed that bruno_s4 used the seller's name in his reply. That's a big no-no. You are not allowed to use anyone's private contact info in feedback comments. (Name, address, phone number, e-mail, etc.) If the seller reports it eBay will remove the neg.

makemeanofferandwin's feedback (It isn't private.)

Also, I just noticed that bruno_s4 used the seller's name in his reply. That's a big no-no. You are not allowed to use anyone's private contact info in feedback comments. (Name, address, phone number, e-mail, etc.) If the seller reports it eBay will remove the neg.

It is private You cant see the items sold under his feedback,.The comments arent private but the items are ... RED FLAG!

Well not really considering you cant see the items that sold .No diff ..IMO i cant see what hes selling his stuff for and what items hes getting negatives on .At least from his feedback page I cant see anything but private under all the items. .I just stay away from these " private" auctions

Why would anyone want them to be private anyways..HMMM

To hide something Im sure.If its a private auction its gonna show up as private under the feedback.Just a way around the system ,so technically its not the same but it really is

:foryou: back at ya

You got a refund and even some shipping...a neg seems fairly harsh.

You could just have easily noted that he knowingly sells resto comics as unresto with a neutral.

+1 Trust me, I feel your pain. The whole experience is disheartening but I would

not have left a negative either.

You could just have easily noted that he knowingly sells resto comics as unresto with a neutral.

+1 Trust me, I feel your pain. The whole experience is disheartening but I would

wrong...neg the out of the scum bag

I think if even if he would have left a neutral, the seller would have done the same thing.