• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beware "makemeanofferandwin" on ebay. Here's my short story...

87 posts in this topic

rantrant

So I won an auction for a raw Hulk 2 7.5 for $710 from makemeanofferandwin.

Afterwards, I noticed in his feedback that he was accused of having 3 accounts on ebay and buying and selling restored comics on each (buyerz_market & lexerific)

Before paying him, he assured me that the comic was original and unrestored.

When it arrived, it was obiously cleaned and trimmed... Anyone that deals in comics at the price point that he does would have identified this immediately. So he is obviously selling restored comics on purpose hoping eventually someone will not figure it out and get stuck with it.

So I sent the book back and he refunded half my shipping charges. Comic arrived back to him Sept 2 and he refunded me Sept 5.

So yesterday I was cleaning up feedback and decided that he deserved negative feedback stating that he refunded me on a restored comic.

:screwy: He then bought a comic that I have listed for sale (Cap 107) just to give me retaliation negative feedback. He hasn't paid and left this feedback immediately after buying it:

"Purposely tried to ruin my feedback. I provided refund in timely manner. Liar Buyer: makemeanofferandwin ( 681) 23-Sep-09 18:16

Reply by bruno_s4 (23-Sep-09 19:30):

He bought comic and gave neg feedback 5 min later. Retalatory neg feedback. Scam

Follow-up by makemeanofferandwin (23-Sep-09 21:22):

You deserve it. I gave you a refund a while ago. You neg me NOW?? I apologized

Ebay is going to remove the feedback and discipline him.

doh! My lesson is to add a seller to my blocked list if this happens again.

It was only the third time in 7 years I have ever given negative feedback and I have never received one.

I know there are other threads about him (name is Narbeh) but found those after I won and paid him.

lol!!! He is obviously on the boards as I just received this message through ebay....

Thank you for putting me on the boards. You're just out to try

and ruin my account. When a seller makes a mistake and

apologizes for it and then refunds half of your shipping fees

because I quote (I'm reasonable, I'll accept half the shipping

costs") You don't give him negative feedback right after. This

proves that you're simply trying to hurt my business. Your

negative would have been warranted if I gave you a hard time or

if I didn't allow a return, which I didn't.

My reply:

Do you really want to be honest with me.

You are knowingly selling restored books as unrestored.

You have been accused of this waaaaay too many times for my Hulk 2 to be a one time error.

So I neg’d you and I hope everyone else does as long as you continue your shady ways.

You are a big boy and you are selling big books…stop playing dumb.

I was born at night but not LAST night.

Now pay for the comic that you bought or you will get an unpaid item dispute.

lol!!! He is obviously on the boards as I just received this message through ebay....

Thank you for putting me on the boards. You're just out to try

and ruin my account. When a seller makes a mistake and

apologizes for it and then refunds half of your shipping fees

because I quote (I'm reasonable, I'll accept half the shipping

costs") You don't give him negative feedback right after. This

proves that you're simply trying to hurt my business. Your

negative would have been warranted if I gave you a hard time or

if I didn't allow a return, which I didn't.

My reply:

Do you really want to be honest with me.

You are knowingly selling restored books as unrestored.

You have been accused of this waaaaay too many times for my Hulk 2 to be a one time error.

So I neg’d you and I hope everyone else does as long as you continue your shady ways.

You are a big boy and you are selling big books…stop playing dumb.

I was born at night but not LAST night.

Now pay for the comic that you bought or you will get an unpaid item dispute.

he sent me a similar email after i outed him here on the boards..he is lurking and the mods should track him down and suspend him for trolling...

he purchased an avengers 3.0 or 3.5 plod not long ago,which i didnt know was the same person at first..was one of his id's i didnt know....im sure it will be for sale soon enough..as soon as i pointed it out here on the boards..he scolded me..so he's here frequently...i asure you that much... :hi:

He refunded your money and you still negged him?

No offense, but regardless of what the guy's history is, you're a for negging him.

He was wrong for doing what he did, but two wrongs don't make a right.

If you came on here telling how you sold a guy a book that was trimmed, he caught it and wanted a refund, you gave it, then he negged YOU, everyone here would have pitchforks chasing him down.

Sorry, that was just my take on the transaction. 2c

No offense, but regardless of what the guy's history is, you're a for negging him.

If you came on here telling how you sold a guy a book that was trimmed, he caught it and wanted a refund, you gave it, then he negged YOU, everyone here would have pitchforks chasing him down.

I see your point, but in all honesty, this guy (makemeanofferandwin) reallllly is a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed. He's worse than Robojo and needs to be outed. His whole scam is to sell and resell a book until someone takes the piece of junk without complaining. I bought a JIM 83 from him that he graded at 6.0. Several pages were ripped and about 30 pieces of tape on the inside of the cover, PLUS a hole in the cover the size of a dime. He tried to get me to keep the book for a partial refund, when I refused, he put it right back on ebay at the same grade. Even though I told him that it wouldn't even make 3.0. Saw it purchased at least three more times, before it disappeared for good. That's his whole modus operandi. Keep tossing it out there until it doesn't come back.

Dice, you're just wrong on this one. He plays the same game as robojo. He sells known PLOD books as unrestored. If anyone objects, he issues a refund and tries again. Not negging him is just continuing to keep people in the dark about what he does. Read some of the threads here about this guy.

Dice, you're just wrong on this one. He plays the same game as robojo. He sells known PLOD books as unrestored. If anyone objects, he issues a refund and tries again. Not negging him is just continuing to keep people in the dark about what he does. Read some of the threads here about this guy.

+1

Ahhh. I didn't know he was actually selling them with full knowledge of the resto.

Carry on with the pitchforks. (worship)

Ahhh. I didn't know he was actually selling them with full knowledge of the resto.

Carry on with the pitchforks. (worship)

Ha!

I knew that there was no way DixeX goes soft on scambags.

My world is safe again. :cloud9: