• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any board members live in Edmonton, Alberta? Possible Disney collection

13 posts in this topic

I have been talking with a seller that has Disney's and a few other non superhero comics.

Some are really nice but they are asking VF guide (roughly $20K) for the collection. Normally I would not be interested at 30% of guide but some of these are really nice.

Four Color #386 look somewhere in the 9.0 range and is the best comic but not the highest grade.

Checking the GPA some of the Uncle Scrooge and Comics and Stories will sell for several times guide in CGC 9.4/9.6. In all the collection has approx 280 comics.

Here is the email from the seller

I began collecting Walt Disney Comics & Stories in the 60”s. I have now decided to sell this collection. Completing from # 100 - # 283. I only collected books that are in VFNM – Mint condition. I also have eleven (11) WDCS #57,#58,#63,#66,#68, #80, #87, #90, #93, #97, #98 in the same condition.

I have 50 Uncle Scrooge including #1. Plus assorted from # 7 –#11,#14,#17,#18,#21,#22,#23,#25,#26,#28,#29,#30,#31,#32,#33, #34-#36

# 40 – 70 was purchased in pristine condition, and has never been read. In total I have 280 books of various titles – 20 westerns- Gene Autry – Fawcett #6, also#5,#6,#7,#14,#17,#24,#25. Roy Rogers # 12#,23,#26, Red Ryder #30,#39, Red Ryder (Ranch Mag.)#145, #146

Lone Ranger # 118,# 24 gold, Hi Yo Silver #36 Lil Beaver #660, also Bambi’s Children. I also have , Donald Duck #422, Pogo #10, Pogo Parade #1, Johnny Mack Brown #7, Casper #31, Hot Stuff # 33, Jughead #69, Archie #116, Fox & Crow # 66,

White Fang #80, I Aim At The Stars, #1148 , Mandrake # 7, Korak son of Tarzan # 38, UFO flying Saucers # 13 . Also, (Popped Wheat Giveaways) Tracy, Terry & Pirates, Smilin Jack, Orphan Annie. All comics have been stored in a large safe in Mylar bags with heavy museum backed boards, since 1978 and are in beautiful condition. (end of email)

I asked if he purchased the Scrooge 40-70 off the stand and stored them away and he said no but they were really nice shape from the dealer he got them from.

Below are links to several of the comics. The files are large so I won't post them here.

I'm looking for some advice as to see if these might be worth picking up at the asking price.

If someone lives in the area I would be willing to work out a 50/50 split on the collection.

Leroy

FC 386

Uncle Scrooge comic

Scrooge comic

Scrooge comic

WDCS101

WDCS108

WDCS159

WDCS161

WDCS204 WDCS182

WDCS212

WDCS222

kimik would be here but he's busy pimping Showcase 22 as the next big thing.

No, kimik was too busy running the little ones around tonight. Besides, I don't need to pimp SC #22 anymore since there are enough other collectors handling that now. Time to move onto the next pimp and dump play. :devil:

Leroy,

I think I know who you are talking to. I saw his list of books a few years ago at a local show that my partner and I set up at. He claimed it was in high grade but he was still in the acquisition mode at the time. Dave, John and/or I can check it out and give you our opinion if you would like.

Cheers,

Ryan