• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much $ would a CGC 9.8 copy of Action Comics #1 sell for?

262 posts in this topic

9.8 wouldnt matter in the final analysis. there arent 4 copies above 9.0 in existence to create a price ramp.

In the current climate....a 9.8 W of Action 1 is 10 million easy.

So who are these people who would easily drop 10 million on this book? I don't even think a coin has sold for that much.

9.8 wouldnt matter in the final analysis. there arent 4 copies above 9.0 in existence to create a price ramp.

So who are these people who would easily drop 10 million on this book? I don't even think a coin has sold for that much.

You don't think Mark Wilson would be salivating if that book came to market? Could he raise the cash for it? Who knows, but I'm betting he'd try his best

You don't think Mark Wilson would be salivating if that book came to market? Could he raise the cash for it? Who knows, but I'm betting he'd try his best

I think most people would salivate. But I don't see someone easily selling it for 10 million dollars - even to Mark Wilson.

Quite correct.

(thumbs u

I could think of a handful of entertainment/celebrities that collect comics who would not be setback by a record-breaking price on an Action 1. I was thinking if a certified 9.4 ever made it to market, it would be in the $5 Million range, so double that amount for a 9.8 is conceivable, though not very likely in terms of a copy of this book in that condition ever surfacing.

I could think of a handful of entertainment/celebrities that collect comics who would not be setback by a record-breaking price on an Action 1. I was thinking if a certified 9.4 ever made it to market, it would be in the $5 Million range, so double that amount for a 9.8 is conceivable, though not very likely in terms of a copy of this book in that condition ever surfacing.

I agree. The people who could be interested who could scrape that kind of change up include that triks4kids guy who owns the AF15 9.6, Geppi (if he's currently struggling as many have suggested, he may have to sell some books off first), the "doctor" (by selling off other books if by no other mean), and Veryzl (again by selling off books if by no other means). And you've got to think there's at least one or two other interested and capable people whose names we haven't heard.

I think once you get up there you do not experience tne multiples that might be associated with a lower priced SA book like we are used to.

I would say that whether a 9.4 or a 9.8 book would come to market it would be considered the best there is and fetch that premium price.

As legend goes the Church copy is an unrestored 9.2 - 9.4 and is the best out there. The chances of a nicer copy showing up is slim.

Wayne Gretzky and Bruce McNall bought the Honus Wagner for about a half-million in the early 1990s. That was an example of celebrities going into the collectibles market so there is precedent.

What are the odds of 'Tec 27 overtaking Action 1 going forward? You'd have to think the Batman franchise is currently much healthier than Superman.