• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EXACTLY FORTY DCs TO GO

101 posts in this topic

THE 40 DC COMICS I NEED TO COMPLETE THE FULL SET

NEW ADVENTURE COMICS / ADVENTURE COMICS - 17, 22, 26, 27, 70

ALL AMERICAN - 89

ALL FUNNY - 15

THE BIG BOOK OF FUN COMICS - 1

BUZZY - 34, 70

COMIC CAVALCADE - 15

A DATE WITH JUDY - 15

DETECTIVE COMICS - 2, 3, 4, 5, 27

DOUBLE ACTION - 1, 2 (Number 1 is probably an ashcan)

FALLING IN LOVE - 69, 73

THE FLASH Original Series - 43, 82, 97

FUNNY STUFF - 27, 36, 37

GIRLS LOVE STORIES - 84

GREEN LANTERN (Golden Age) - 30

HEART THROBS - 66

HERE'S HOWIE - 7, 17

HOPALONG CASSIDY - 115, 134

LEADING SCREEN - 68

MORE FUN - 10

MUTT AND JEFF - 2

SCRIBBLY - 1, 6

SECRET HEARTS - 3

DC PROMOTIONAL AND GIVEAWAY COMICS

THE AQUATEERS MEET THE SUPER FRIENDS - 1

BATMAN PRELL SHAMPOO GIVEAWAY - 1

BATMAN REVELL GIVEAWAY - 1

BATMAN RAIN-BLO GUM COMIC - 1

BLIND JUSTICE Squarebound Giveaway - 1

COMIC CAVALCADE GIVEAWAY - 3

DC DIRECT SHOWCASE - 4, 5

DC HORIZONS - 2, 12 onwards

FLASH FORCE 2000 - 4, 5

FLASH TV BROCHURE GIVEAWAY - 1

LOONEY TUNES TYSON PROMOTIONAL ISSUE - 1, 2, 4, 7, 8, 10

LIONEL PLAYWORLD DC SUPER HEROES - 4, 5, 6

MAGAZINELAND - 1

MAN OF STEEL Trade Paperback Giveaway - 1

MASK MINI-COMICS - 2, 3

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE DC PROMOTIONAL SERIES - I need four of the eleven mini-comics - "The Tale Of Teela!", 1982, Series 1, "The Ordeal Of Man-E-Faces!", 1983, Series 2, "The Menace Of Trap Jaw!", 1983, Series 2, "The Terror Of Tri-Klops!", 1983, Series 2.

SILLY PUTTY MAN MEETS THE EGGOMEANY - 1

SUPERGEAR COMICS - 1

SUPERMAN CHRISTMAS ADVENTURE 1940 - 1

SUPERMAN CHRISTMAS ADVENTURE 1944 (Second Of Two That Year) - 2

SUPERMAN'S BUDDY - 1

SUPERMAN BOSNIAN LANDMINES COMIC In English Language - 1

SUPERMAN GOLDEN PRESS - 1

SUPERMAN WORKBOOK - 1

SUPERMAN MAN OF STEEL SPECIAL MPI EDITION - 3, 4, 5, 6

SUPERMAN PY-CO PAY TOOTH POWDER GIVEAWAY - 1

SUPERMAN TIM - August 42, September 42, November 42, December 42, January 43, February 43, March 43, April 43, May 43, June 43, July 43, September 43, October 43, November 43, December 43, January 44, February 44, March 44, April 44, June 44, October 44, November 44, January 45, February 45, March 45, April 45, May 45, June 45, July 45, August 45, September 45, October 45, November 45, December 45, January 46, February 46, March 46, April 46, May 46, June 46, July 46, August 46, September 46, October 46, November 46, December 46, January 47, February 47, April 47, May 47, June 47, September 47, November 47, January 48, March 48, July 48, March 49, May 49, June 49, August 49, November 49, January 50, February 50, March 50, May 50

SUPER POWERS COLLECTION MINI COMIC - 22

TEEN TITANS GO RRP PREVIEW - 1

TWISTED METAL - 1

WARLORD REMCO TOY GIVEAWAY - 1

WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS COMICS SEAL OF APPROVAL - 1

WORLDS FINEST 1944 GIVEAWAY - 1

WORLDS FINEST 1949 GIVEAWAY - 1

WORLDS GREATEST SUPERHEROES VITAMINS GIVEAWAY - 1

DC RELATED COMICS

UNCLE SAM - 3, 5 (pre-Blackhawk numbering)

HEART THROBS (Pre DC) - 4, 10, 11, 12, 14, 20, 23, 24, 40, 41, 44

Bravo on your progress so far! I'll print out your list and take it with me as I make my rounds this weekend.

I would be so grateful if you would.

Nine of these last forty will be expensive (well, and I mean WELL, over a thousand dollars each, and then there's Detective 27 of course)

Eleven more should be between three hundred and a thousand each.

The other twenty should all be well under a hundred bucks each, but they're the most frustrating ones - cheap but unfindable. PLEASE find me a Buzzy 70. I would hate it to be the last one.

Do you have the free Cartoon Network comic with Cow & Chicken that DC put out? It was printed in 1998, but it just reprinted some stuff from 1997. It was put out by DC, though. I thought you were getting just the superhero DC stuff, but from your list, it looks like you're getting them all.

Do you have the free Cartoon Network comic with Cow & Chicken that DC put out? It was printed in 1998, but it just reprinted some stuff from 1997. It was put out by DC, though. I thought you were getting just the superhero DC stuff, but from your list, it looks like you're getting them all.

Yes indeed, I've had that for a long time.

I'm chasing up every obscure giveaway and preview that I can find, and I need any pointers from anyone about anything I might have missed.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Timely has just found me two more.If Timely's lead pans out, it'll be down to 37

Misery !!!!!!!!!

The link that Timely sent to me turned out to be six years old.

They're now called Lake Side Comics, and I'd already e-mailed a list to them ages ago.

Back to 39.

Oh dear !!!!!!!

frown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.gif

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Timely has just found me two more.If Timely's lead pans out, it'll be down to 37

Misery !!!!!!!!!

The link that Timely sent to me turned out to be six years old.

They're now called Lake Side Comics, and I'd already e-mailed a list to them ages ago.

Back to 39.

Oh dear !!!!!!!

frown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.gif

'39 is a lucky number for Golden-Age DC collectors! thumbsup2.gif

I printed out the list and I will search the Orlando area for you. Are you going to Megacon show in Orlando????? I would hope that some of these books would be available at a large show even if it's just a few? I am planning on attending and wouldn't mind seaching for some of these there.

The way I see it, the more I am searching for comics on your list, the less time I have to drain my own bank account!!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I printed out the list and I will search the Orlando area for you. Are you going to Megacon show in Orlando????? I would hope that some of these books would be available at a large show even if it's just a few? I am planning on attending and wouldn't mind seaching for some of these there.

The way I see it, the more I am searching for comics on your list, the less time I have to drain my own bank account!!!!

Thankyou. When is the Megacon ??

I won't fly, so the only shows I go to are the London ones.

Ian, attached is a scan of a Kellog's Giveaway from the mid 50's. It stars Superman and has "Special Edition" in the lower left. Maybe somebody can host this for all to see. Does anybody have this? I have never seen or heard of one before. This comes from a The Man of Cereal article in CBM #63.

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

589a8bb078893_368257-SupermanSpecialEdition.jpg.c746369f9068e87b178fd7699b9c12de.jpg

Ian, attached is a scan of a Kellog's Giveaway from the mid 50's. It stars Superman and has "Special Edition" in the lower left. Does anybody have this? I have never seen or heard of one before. This comes from a The Man of Cereal article in CBM #63.

Well I've got the other three from the mid-fifties...

SUPERMAN DUEL IN SPACE

SUPERMAN THE SUPERSHOW OF METROPOLIS

THE SUPERMAN TIME CAPSULE.

But I've never seen or heard of this.

Just when you think you've learned it all..................

Simply amazing. I've been following your quest on these threads - it's great to see fellow collectors help you out with the list. I'm sure you will complete your collection, but when you do, will you start upgrading as well? Or are you already upgrading your books?

Simply amazing. I've been following your quest on these threads - it's great to see fellow collectors help you out with the list. I'm sure you will complete your collection, but when you do, will you start upgrading as well? Or are you already upgrading your books?

I'm already upgrading some when affordable better copies turn up.

But these last 39 are proving a real problem now.

Someone offered me the three Flash's but they were all near mint and way way out of my price league. I'd be happy with them in good. I have no problem with low grades as long as they're complete.

PLEASE EVERYBODY, I NEED HELP FINDING THESE LAST 39.