• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just shopped @ House of Secrets in Burbank Ca

15 posts in this topic

i can't remember the last time i went into a comic store that not only focused JUST on comics, but mostly JUST on copper, bronze, and silver. they had a lot of silver-copper books that were priced well and actually in great condition. somewhat small store, but great selection. just not the right store to go to if you're only into modern books.

Sweet! HOS is my LCS.

You were about a mile from my house. ;)

i've heard about it for the last few years, but never got around to going. didn't realize it was so close to the freeway. it's on my way home from work. i haven't been to golden apple in a while, but this might be better as far as the pre-90 selection went.

HOS is come and go as far as it goes with back issues. Paul Grimshaw (the owner) will buy just about anything pre-1990 that comes in the door, so he's far superior to any other comic shop in the area.

But there's not a lot that comes through the door these days.

Still, his prices are exceptionally competive. I've spent probably in the neighborhood of $20-$25K with him over the last 10 years, (a good chunk of it in 2007), and I've spent...maybe....$500 in all the other Valley stores combined.

Probably spent about $3000 with GA, but that's only when they had the 10 cent sales of 2000-2003.

Sweet! HOS is my LCS.

Just noticed your avatar. lol

;)

During my last visit to LA I stopped at Geoffrey's Comics. Is HOS a better back issue store?

I was looking at some videos from Geoffrey's comics doing a talk show last week.

Looks like he is an interesting character, over the top like most in who dwell in the State of California.

Sweet! HOS is my LCS.

;)

During my last visit to LA I stopped at Geoffrey's Comics. Is HOS a better back issue store?

I was looking at some videos from Geoffrey's comics doing a talk show last week.

Looks like he is an interesting character, over the top like most in who dwell in the State of California.

I was driving down the street looking for a sign but then I noticed a parked car pimped up to look like a Batmobile. It was Geoffreys. He seems nice and very west coastish.

Sweet! HOS is my LCS.

;)

I was driving down the street looking for a sign but then I noticed a parked car pimped up to look like a Batmobile. It was Geoffreys. He seems nice and very west coastish.

Geoffrey has been that way for a long time. I knew him in the early '80s and he was one of the stranger cats back then - which in the early '80s said something. He seems to be friendly to everyone and really loves the hobby. It was good seeing him at Terry's show last year.

Sweet! HOS is my LCS.

;)

Geoffrey has been that way for a long time. I knew him in the early '80s and he was one of the stranger cats back then - which in the early '80s said something. He seems to be friendly to everyone and really loves the hobby. It was good seeing him at Terry's show last year.

He seemed very friendly and a bit goofy. I enjoyed his store.