• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Selling High Grade SA Marvel Books - ComicConnect?

12 posts in this topic

Guys:

I am debating whether to sell off most or all of my slabs and just focus on my raw books. I have not 100% decided to sell but I am leaning that way.

My slabs are mostly 1965 and earlier Marvels in CGC 8.0 or better witha couple key SA DC and a few Marvel Bronze keys in 9.2+. (My slabs are listed in the registry and there is a link at the bottom of my signature to Hong Kong Comics which is my ID at the registry).

I have had some initial e-mails with ComicConnect (they actually contacted me). Has anyone had experience with selling through ComicConnect and if so how was it? If not ComicConnect who would you suggest going with? To add one more question is this a good time to sell these types of books as they are high grade but not the 9.6 and 9.8's that have been going for crazy prices. It's not that I need to sell just am looking to maybe free up some space and focus on books I can touch.

It is a reasonable set of books (includes 115 of the 183 Mavel that book at over $500 in Overstreet) with my runs starting at ASM 2, Avengers 1, DD 1, FF 2, Hulk 2, JIM 83, ST 101, TTA 27, TOS 40, X-Men 1. All in CGC 8.0+ also a few odds and ends like a GL 1 in 8.5 and Mystery in Space 1 in 8.5.

I should add that to my knowledge non of the books have been pressed or optomized in anyway but I am not the OO of any of them so I can't truly know.

So what do people think of ComicConnect and whether this is a decent time to sell?

i would lean toward ComicConnect. Comiclink is going to have 3500 - 5000 other books to compete with.

But that doesn`t also mean that there is greater traffic over at Comiclink?

BTW, ComicConnect just sold a GL #1 8.5 for $9500.

Is that a good or bad price?

i would lean toward ComicConnect. Comiclink is going to have 3500 - 5000 other books to compete with.

a skosh higher than the 8.5 that sold for $5100 last year- so if i owned an 8.5 or better, i'd be pleased

a skosh higher than the 8.5 that sold for $5100 last year- so if i owned an 8.5 or better, i'd be pleased

Seems like an awfully low price for the #1 issue of the hottest character in the world.

(Look ma, I can play "Pump Up the Volume" too! lol )

You might think about putting some of the books for sale here. Depending on what it is and the grade, a lot of boardies would be interested.... (thumbs u

I agree At least you would save the % you have to pay them...here its free so more in your pocket.If you price em fair people will buy some Im sure

You might think about putting some of the books for sale here. Depending on what it is and the grade and whether you price them incredibly cheap, a lot of boardies would be interested in exploiting you.... (thumbs u

Fixed that for you!

You might think about putting some of the books for sale here. Depending on what it is and the grade and whether you price them incredibly cheap, a lot of boardies would be interested in exploiting you.... (thumbs u

Fixed that for you!

Tim is taking no prisoners today.... :baiting:

I am still debating whether to sell my slabs or not.

I have gotten a few questions about why I am considering selling the books and the main reason is I am thinking of focusing on my non-slabbed part of my collection and I already have a non-slabbed copies of most of my slabbed books. I still have 8,000+ non-slabbed books so if I sell it's not like I am getting out of comics altogether.

Plus slabs take up a lot of space.

In any event I'd sell my GL #1 CGC 8.5 for the $9,500 that it went for in the ComicConnect auction.

Fixed that for you!

lol see, sometimes the truth is pretty funny!