• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is PayPal Not Working Right Now???

7 posts in this topic

Has anyone tried to use PayPal in the last 18 hours? I tried yesterday evening and this morning to no avail. When I try to log in, it kicks me out to another login screen that says "You must log in before you can access this page". When I try to pay by using someone's e-mailed PayPal invoice, when I hit the "Pay" button it also kicks me out to the aforementioned login screen.

I haven't changed any of my browser settings and played around with that to no effect, so I'm thinking it's a website problem (I just e-mailed PayPal). Are other people having problems as well?

Gene

My God ! I just spoke to a friend who uses PayPal & he said they went belly - up !!! No one has been able to access them for at least 18 hours & the way it looks , no one will be accessing them anytime soon ! He spoke to some central bank rep of his yesterday & they confirmed that PayPal has Chapter 11ed ! We are all screwed royally . We live about 100 miles from PayPals main offices & we are headed over there now to see what the story is .

frown.gif

Nevermind, folks, I got it to work. I'm not sure what went suddenly amiss, though, as I never had any problem using PayPal using my previous browser settings before yesterday. Bizarre.

Gene

Just kidding Please forgive me - I couldnt resist ! I tried accesing my paypal screen & got right in so maybe something is amiss with your security settings .

ROFLMAO... that was awesome. I could hear the splatter as many, many sphincters quivered with your original post.

I hereby bestow you with....................................

FIVE STARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ::chorus of angels singing in background::

I've been having problems with them for a few days.

Their server(s) must be having problems because don't send the buyer notifications out at the end of auction, but instead send it hours, and in some cases, days, afterwards. I've had a lot of confused buyers wondering why they are getting notifications from Paypal long after they have paid for their items.

Kev