• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk 181 9.8 OW-W on ebay right now...

38 posts in this topic

Did you purchase the two 26K books? :grin:

My 9.8 Hulk 181 cost me quite a bit less than that, mostly because it pressed up from a 9.6 :D (and so did my 180) :D:D

:whee:

I have to tell you guys, I'm so happy I sold my Hulk 181 9.8 last year. When I owned that book I was one of 13 people who had one. Had a feeling many more were going to pop up, haven't checked the census lately but there is over 30 9.8 books now. Have a feeling people who bought at high prices are not going to be able to recoup their money. Was able to add a Hulk 1 6.5, TOS 39 5.0 JIM 83 5.0 and TMNT 1 9.0 with the proceeds. Happy to keep my 9.6 copy.

Nature of the press game. Helps to shift the supply side of the equation.

My 9.8 Hulk 181 cost me quite a bit less than that, mostly because it pressed up from a 9.6 :D (and so did my 180) :D:D

I have to tell you guys, I'm so happy I sold my Hulk 181 9.8 last year. When I owned that book I was one of 13 people who had one. Had a feeling many more were going to pop up, haven't checked the census lately but there is over 30 9.8 books now. Have a feeling people who bought at high prices are not going to be able to recoup their money. Was able to add a Hulk 1 6.5, TOS 39 5.0 JIM 83 5.0 and TMNT 1 9.0 with the proceeds. Happy to keep my 9.6 copy.

Congrats on actually owning a genuine 9.8 Hulk #181.

So sorry you felt you had to move it on due to the appearence of loads of restored copies. :(

Congrats on actually owning a genuine 9.8 Hulk #181.

So sorry you felt you had to move it on due to the appearence of loads of restored copies. :(

Was happy to keep a 9.6 in the collection. I'm just content having 9.0 or 9.2 for Bronze age keys, would never spend crazy money on ultra HG(9.6 9.8). I can buy awesome TECS for those prices where I know the number of copies graded are not going to jump leap and bounds each year.

Excuse me, but could you do something with your sig line?

It's currently two inches deep and 18 foot long.

Breaks would be nice.

Cheers in advance. (thumbs u

Was this to me? (shrug)

(thumbs u

Fellow Boardie from across the Pond.

Granted I have only been on the boards for less than a year and only have 284 posts and you for six years with just shy of 20,000 posts and maybe am not completely up to speed on signature etiquette. But I will admit you are the first to critique my signature line......let alone write a post stating, "change it."

I did not know it was that horrid and or annoying to look at.

I did not know there was a certain criteria for signature line length and width.

I did not know spaces were a requirement for signature lines here on the Boards.

I'm quite sure I have seen others similar to mine and others like yours. And never thought twice about them all.

However, I have a very healthy amount of OCD, but I try to not let it affect others. But maybe my signature style (or lack there of) is too much for you to take.

Ensuing......being a huge fan of The Who, (and in full agreement that Keith Moon is arguably the most talented drummer of all time along with John Bonham) having a closet full of Barbour coats and to be fortunate enough to have partaken in numerous driven pheasant hunts over my years, shooting thousands of your birds on your some of your island's beautiful estates........I feel for "Queen and Country" I will alter it to your liking.

Does this new style suffice?

Sincerely,

Eric

Top work, Eric! :applause::foryou:

Yeah, that's now cool. Problem was it dragged everybody's posts cross screen, so you had to scroll over as well as down to catch everything. Slightly annoying, but certainly not a hanging offence. :insane:

And Bonham shades it for me, but not by much. Both quite unreal drummers. (thumbs u