• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I don't understand the Comic Link sales section

11 posts in this topic

I won a book in the last Cliink auction, sent my payment, and got the book in a pretty short amount of time...(couple of weeks) but I have seen quite a number of books in the Comics for Sale section that say "Sale Pending" next to them......and its been like that for at least a month !! What gives? Are they bought or not? And if I buy something from that section, does that mean I have to wait nearly forever to get it?

Anybody ever just buy a book off Clink. What happened?

I believe they leave them marked as sale pending for advertizement. There was discussion about this not too long ago. I think you can bypass the sale pending items if you choose to. I'm sure someone will chime in reguarding this.

Edited:

Also, you only have to wait as long as it takes the consignor to ship it, unless it's in Comiclinks posession. I have seen sale pending items up for 6 months or more. It has nothing to do with how long it takes to recieve your book.

I believe they leave them marked as sale pending for advertizement. There was discussion about this not too long ago. I think you can bypass the sale pending items if you choose to. I'm sure someone will chime in reguarding this.

Edited:

Also, you only have to wait as long as it takes the consignor to ship it, unless it's in Comiclinks posession. I have seen sale pending items up for 6 months or more. It has nothing to do with how long it takes to recieve your book.

6 months?

Isn't there a point where you can demand your money back if book isnt delivered in a resonable anoutn of time?

6 months isnt reasonable

Thanks........

and thanks Toro..... I'll try that. Don't wanna waste my time lookin at whats not available (thumbs u

Edited:

6 months?

Isn't there a point where you can demand your money back if book isnt delivered in a resonable anoutn of time?

6 months isnt reasonable

The sales pending notification can stay as such even though a transaction has been completed.

Edited:

6 months?

6 months isnt reasonable

The sales pending notification can stay as such even though a transaction has been completed.

(thumbs u

Sometimes a book that says "Sales Pending" on it does not necessarily mean that the book is really sold. Could be the buyer backed out of it. You can always go on the waiting list if the book is still available. It's happened to me once when a book was marked as "sales pending", I got on the waiting list of that book, and what do ya know Josh emailed me saying that the buyer backed out and that I was next in line for that book.

Edited:

6 months?

6 months isnt reasonable

Thanks for adding that Roy! I'm not sure why I didn't.