• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the Grades ... the Results will SHOCK you!

65 posts in this topic

I'm shocked at how low some of the board grades were. My first instincts were 7.0 on the #1 and 8.5 on the #8. I started reading board guesses and had to go back to the scans to seee what I missed.I still couldn't see how anyone would have gone less than 6.0 on the #1 and 8.0 on the #8 - even accounting for the dullness of the scan.

Admittedly I would not have guessed the #8 would have recieved a 9.2, but even so I'm not seeing the type of flaws in the scan that would rule that grade out completely (considering the rippling at the top would be considered a production error).

What were people seeing that would have put the 3# in 4.0/4.5 territory or the #8 in 6.0?

On the first book, I could see one of two scenarios...people starting at a 6.0 and dropping to a 5.5 or 5.0 due to the drop scrunch at the corner...that's the lowest IMO people should have been thinking...I didn't see this in time to submit a grade but I probably would've guessed 7.0 on the first book taking it down from an 8.0/7.5 due to the scrunch...

I was thinking 8.0/8.5 on the second book (as I thought that was a tear on the left edge as well) but I could see where people might've thought there were stains at the bottom back cover and sending that book down a full grade or two...

How someone gets into the 4.0/4.5 level for book 1 is hard to figure... 2c

With all due respect. I will have to dis agree with the grades given. Especially to the second book. It is nowhere near a 9.2 IMHO. The first book isn't as bad. But still not a 7.0 IMHO. I wouldn't re sub either book. That's for dang sure. But congrats on the grades.

+1

Thats got an awful ugly back cover and spine ..9.2 ?? I see MINIMUM 12 creases ,dust shadow bottom left, etc..

I guess you agree as you say the results would 'shock " us.

Consider me "shocked"

No offense but its too dirty and the spine too creased up for a 9.2 IMHO Good for you though ..Was it your birthday? Because you sure got a HUGE gift.. :applause:

Really......be happy as heck.....my subs got an ungift grade for disagreeing with the head honcho on pedigrees and book handling. Even Doug from Pedigree Comics thought so, so I'm not fictionalizing my disappointment...