• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WHY OH WHY DOES ANYONE .............................

20 posts in this topic

Continue to sell comic books on :censored:bay anymore

Please stop

- you will sleep better at night

- you will have more friends because you are not so miserable

- you will have more time to spend with family and friends because you are not on the computer so much

Feel free to add your own to the list

1. Because I continue to get significant (+90%) sell through on all items listed.

2. Because I have a network of buyers from all over the world who buy from me.

3. Because when I put something on eBay, it gets signficantly higher eyeball traffic than anywhere else.

4. Because, for all of its faults, eBay is still by far the best marketplace for selling what I sell (mid- to high-grade unslabbed comics).

Please, everybody stay off. More buyers for me.

1. Because I continue to get significant (+90%) sell through on all items listed.

3. Because when I put something on eBay, it gets signficantly higher eyeball traffic than anywhere else.

4. Because, for all of its faults, eBay is still by far the best marketplace for selling what I sell (mid- to high-grade unslabbed comics).

3 & 4 for me. I only sell when I have to so I don't have a 'network' like FD. :whistle:

Pretty much my experience as well Dan

I gave up three years ago (after 6,000 transactions), as the writing was on the wall then for anyone who cared to look.

I've also backed out of buying there, too.

You could not find any other company who had moved so far away from their roots and eBay is now, quite simply, the epitome of evil capitalism...profit without responsibility, humanity or interest.

bingo_card.jpg

Little bit of #2. 3 and 4 definately. And, because my seller rating is 100% with 4.9 detailed stars across the board. I don't rip people off.

Unfortunately, it is sometimes a gamble. But hey, no one on here would give me the money that I sold my JiM #112 CGC 9.0 or Conan #1 CGC 9.4 etc, for on ebay!!!....Thats why..... (thumbs u

Several good reasons listed. It's also a good place to pick up less expensive items or lots, if you accept the risk. It would help if people who got ripped off would actually post negative feedback instead of being sheepish about messing up a bad sellers good rating.

For certain other items, there's just no better way to sell them. Try getting rid of high-end electronics out here in rural Alabama. Good luck! Put them on e-bay, get a decent selling price and ship them out. There's just not much alternative unless you want to give the stuff away. Yes, it has gone downhill and continues in that direction, but there's still not a better option for a large number of items.

I sell on ebay ocassionally because despite all the horror stories I have not had anything go wrong.

Untill it does I will still sell.

If it aint broke don't fix it for me!

Several good reasons listed. It's also a good place to pick up less expensive items or lots, if you accept the risk. It would help if people who got ripped off would actually post negative feedback instead of being sheepish about messing up a bad sellers good rating.

For certain other items, there's just no better way to sell them. Try getting rid of high-end electronics out here in rural Alabama. Good luck! Put them on e-bay, get a decent selling price and ship them out. There's just not much alternative unless you want to give the stuff away. Yes, it has gone downhill and continues in that direction, but there's still not a better option for a large number of items.

This has always been the weakest point of eBay. It used to be that an honest neutral or neg was met with retaliatory neg FB. Poor sellers/buyers never had profiles that reflected their business practices.

Now, sellers can't even leave FB, and one unreasonable buyer can cripple a good seller by submerging his DSR scores.

I don't sell much, But things seem to be going OK

Here is my DSR:

Detailed seller ratingsLast updated 09/30/09

3 months (07/01/09 - 09/30/09)Transactions: 18

Your average Low ratings

Item as described 5.00 0.00% (0)

Communication 5.00 0.00% (0)

Shipping time 5.00 0.00% (0)

Shipping and handling charges 4.89 0.00% (0)

Continue to sell comic books on :censored:bay anymore

Please stop

- you will sleep better at night

- you will have more friends because you are not so miserable

- you will have more time to spend with family and friends because you are not on the computer so much

Feel free to add your own to the list

Well, I try and sell them here, and no one buys them, I try the other comic sites I'm on, and no one buys them. What other choice do I have, if I really want/need to sell them?

-slym