• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PROOF Appreciation thread!

108 posts in this topic

Never heard of it

:o I know I don't normally post on here, :hi: but I saw this thread and just had to add my 2c!

Love this book, on the top of my reading list. Alex Grecian's storytelling is fantastic, and I'm a sucker for anything involving cryptozoology.

Fans of Rossmo's art in PROOF should check out Cowboy Ninja Viking #1. It's in B&W with blue tones in the GA format. Rossmo's stuff looks great in this format.

AJ Leiberman is the writer on CNV. Apparently he has worked on alot of the big DC characters. The first time I read through it, it was good. The second time I read through it more slowly, it was awesome as I missed alot my first time through. This was going to be 4 issues, but it's now an ongoing due to demand on the first issue.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=23199

Also, PROOF writer Alex Grecian has a book in the new Previews - Rocketbots - a 48 page HC geared toward kids. Looks pretty cool. I'm picking it up to read with my little ones.

Rocketbots Artist's page

http://chickenhare.blogspot.com/

Solicit & preview

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=23401

When does 25 come out or did I miss it?

Nope, you didn't miss it. It's the first issue that's late. Grecian said that they are waiting on a pin-up from a very busy creator before they can send it to the printer so it may be a few more weeks.

I know they re-worked some stuff on the last 4 issues before season 2, so I'm sure that has contributed to the delay.

It's kind of a bummer because that great Proof 25 add has been running in all the Image books last month. It's the first time that the book has gotten any ad love from Image and it's delayed.

Read the 1st 2 tpbs and started the 3rd. Started a little slow, but I gotta say I was hooked by the end of the 1st tpb. Definitely give it (thumbs u (thumbs u

Its the art in my opinion that slows down the book some and takes some getting used to. The story is awesome.

I had the same problems at first... it's annoying b/c it's tough for me to suggest the 1st trade to someone even though this is one of my favorite books. It REALLY picks up after the first TPB, but it's difficult to get someone to commit that much.

Riley's art wasn't my favorite at first either, but now I love it. Cowboy, Ninja, Viking is a decent book, but it's Riley's art that makes me keep reading it. I got a commission from him (that he later used for a back-cover ad!)... "getting used to" is key, but once you do... good times! :)

Proof 25 anyone?

It was good, but not a good spot to jump in as most of the main characters weren't in it. I can't wait until #26 when they get back to the present. It has been too long a stretch of stories set in the past with the Julia arc and now the future with 25.

I really just want to read a stay at home issue with the crew from the Lodge which isn't something we've seen in a while. One of the upcoming issues should be a date issue so that should rock.