• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which Are The "Best" Flash Issues To Get And Hold On To?

124 posts in this topic

In terms of hard to find in high grade among the later issues, 141 is extremely overlooked, mainly because issues NEVER come up for sale. If I hadn`t owned the WP copy, I would`ve sworn that a NM copy didn`t exist.

I don't have that one either. 1 9.6 and 2-9.4. That is not a lot of inventory to be chasing.

Mine's a 6.0, at best. Showcase 13 is also tough.

Kid Flash was a sidekick.

Wally West was Flash himself for 20 years.

The character had to start somewhere.

like in 110.

I had forgotten about that, Marvel zombie that I am. I personnally liked the sidekick era...and I consider it to be a key....and with one of the coolest covers ever. There's a PGX 7.5 on Clink for $ 795....but in case Matches is new to the slabbed arena, PGX is NOT on the same level as CGC and that book may have undetected restoration, which would make that a high price. The book looks real sharp otherwise....I'm tempted by it myself. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

When was the book graded? There was a time (late 2006) when PGX was overly hard on books so you might has some luck with a resub on it.

It was graded in Sept. '07.....decent looking book. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. It looks like it might have a shot at CGC 7.5....resto would be a whole 'nother question.

So, which is considered the Flash grail... 105? The 123 that Sheldon lost to Howard on the Big Bang Theory? Showcase #4?...

Showcase 4 is the biggest Flash grail, the biggest DC Silver Age grail, and arguably the biggest Silver Age grail period (although you'll get the counterview that that honor should got to FF1 or AF15).

So, which is considered the Flash grail... 105? The 123 that Sheldon lost to Howard on the Big Bang Theory? Showcase #4?...

In order of precedence, the big 3 of Flash are:

Showcase 4

Flash 105

Flash 123

Showcase 4 is the biggest Flash grail, the biggest DC Silver Age grail, and arguably the biggest Silver Age grail period (although you'll get the counterview that that honor should got to FF1 or AF15).

Depends on who you talk to. I know more collectors who view SC #22 as the big SA DC book, and even B&B #28, before SC #4. :baiting:

Depends on who you talk to. I know more collectors who view SC #22 as the big SA DC book, and even B&B #28, before SC #4. :baiting:

Yeah, the ones that own copies and post in the SC 22 thread. lol

Even if the characters are of similar popularity, which is debatable, SC 4 has the historical significance of starting the Silver Age. No contest.

lol (thumbs u

Even if the characters are of similar popularity, which is debatable, SC 4 has the historical significance of starting the Silver Age. No contest.

Yup. Being flavor of the month doesn`t suddenly jump a book over SC 4.

lol (thumbs u

Yup. Being flavor of the month doesn`t suddenly jump a book over SC 4.

Are we talking SA collector popularity or comic reader - GL is a much more popular character with the comic fan base. The biggest problem Crisis #6. I did not mind the Wally West Flash run (especially some of the Waid issues), but those 20+ years hurt the franchise IMHO.

A lot of Marvel collectors I know want a copy of SC #22 or B&B #28, but not SC #4. Granted, the price on SC #4 is an issue since it is already fully valued, but GL has more appeal to them than the Flash for whatever reason. Maybe Johns can help to revive the character, but so far Flash Rebirth has been less than expected.

Remember, FF #1 was viewed as the big Marvel book for a long time. However, once the younger generation(s) of collectors started spending their money AF #15 jumped ahead and has not looked back.

My favorite Flash cover.....

IMG_1395.jpg

Sweet! That`s one of the toughest issues in the 130s to find in 9.4! It was always a hole in my collection.

For anyone who is looking, there is a 9.2 copy of #130 in the Mound City Collection that is up for auction now.

My favorite Flash cover.....

IMG_1395.jpg

Sweet! That`s one of the toughest issues in the 130s to find in 9.4! It was always a hole in my collection.

For anyone who is looking, there is a 9.2 copy of #130 in the Mound City Collection that is up for auction now.

Where is this auction? I'd like to take a look.

I've read through this thread, and i would agree with SC 4 and then Flash 105. But I wonder why SC #8, which is the 2nd app. of Flash and origin/1st app. of Captain Cold, hasn't been mentioned yet. Sounds to me like that needs to be in there also.

showcase80001.jpg

I've read through this thread, and i would agree with SC 4 and then Flash 105. But I wonder why SC #8, which is the 2nd app. of Flash and origin/1st app. of Captain Cold, hasn't been mentioned yet. Sounds to me like that needs to be in there also.

It's definitely an important book, but not important enough to climb above SC 4 (first SA book and first SA Flash), 105 (first SA character to get his own title) and 123 (first Earth 2). I think you could make a very strong argument that it should rank either 4 or 5, depending on how much importance you place on Flash 110 (first Kid Flash/Wally West).

It's definitely an important book, but not important enough to climb above SC 4 (first SA book and first SA Flash), 105 (first SA character to get his own title) and 123 (first Earth 2). I think you could make a very strong argument that it should rank either 4 or 5, depending on how much importance you place on Flash 110 (first Kid Flash/Wally West).

Sorry to disagree Tim but Lois Lane was the first SA character to get her own title. :baiting::sorry:

:grin: (thumbs u

Andrew