• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which Are The "Best" Flash Issues To Get And Hold On To?

124 posts in this topic

Greetings! You guys were very helpful on a similar question that I asked concerning Batman and Neil Adams, so I thought I'd try it again...

Which would you say are the best slabbed Flash issues to get and hold on to?

By "best," I guess that I mean the most sought-after, toughest to find in high grade, collectable, rare, just plain cool and whatever else you think would make an issue a good thing. And what would be a fair price for me to expect pay?

I'm starting a display / hobby room and, being a big Flash fan, I want to start with issues that I can justify (if necessary...) to my wife as being fun investments. I'd appreciate your advice.

I know that this is not only a Silver Age question, so mods please move it if you need to!

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

-MM

125. Extremely cool cover!

Actually, any of the first 10 or so issues, from an investment standpoint. To me they seem undervalued. Or any of the Showcase issues (not undervalued, perhaps, but solid investments).

125. Extremely cool cover!

Actually, any of the first 10 or so issues, from an investment standpoint. To me they seem undervalued. Or any of the Showcase issues (not undervalued, perhaps, but solid investments).

True enough. You can probably say that of any of the SA DC titles that started pre-1962 as well.

105, first issue

110, first Wally West/Kid Flash

123, first Earth 2

129, 137 2nd and 3rd GA crossovers

139 first Prof Zoom, villain who "killed Iris years later.

I agree in principle but I would add the following.

105 Easy to get

110 Hard to get

129 Easy to get

123, 137, 139 about average for silver age.

My picks

122 First Top

172 Hard to find in high grade.

and 12 cent Captain Cold covers

and any of my undercopies.

I've always wanted a 110....but I'm not sure how "key" it is, as teen sidekicks seem to be more the fodder for jokes nowadays. I love the cover and have seen 7.5's go for a grand or so...which to me is cheap for a nicegrade 10 cent SA Key. A search in the www.Comiclink.com or www.Metropoliscomics.com websites are always a good place to do some pricing research. If you're registered with www.heritagecomics.com , their permanent auction archives are invaluable. There's also GPA....but it costs a few dollars a month. GODS BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Kid Flash was a sidekick.

Wally West was Flash himself for 20 years.

The character had to start somewhere.

like in 110.

I had forgotten about that, Marvel zombie that I am. I personnally liked the sidekick era...and I consider it to be a key....and with one of the coolest covers ever. There's a PGX 7.5 on Clink for $ 795....but in case Matches is new to the slabbed arena, PGX is NOT on the same level as CGC and that book may have undetected restoration, which would make that a high price. The book looks real sharp otherwise....I'm tempted by it myself. GOD BLESS...

Thanks guys! Any direction as to what I should expect to pay for some of these issues?...

That's a very complicated question and you're going to have to do some research. Jim gave some good resources. I prefer Heritage myself because you can search past auctions to get a ball park amount (with a free registration).

In terms of hard to find in high grade among the later issues, 141 is extremely overlooked, mainly because issues NEVER come up for sale. If I hadn`t owned the WP copy, I would`ve sworn that a NM copy didn`t exist.

Kid Flash was a sidekick.

Wally West was Flash himself for 20 years.

The character had to start somewhere.

like in 110.

I had forgotten about that, Marvel zombie that I am. I personnally liked the sidekick era...and I consider it to be a key....and with one of the coolest covers ever. There's a PGX 7.5 on Clink for $ 795....but in case Matches is new to the slabbed arena, PGX is NOT on the same level as CGC and that book may have undetected restoration, which would make that a high price. The book looks real sharp otherwise....I'm tempted by it myself. GOD BLESS...

When was the book graded? There was a time (late 2006) when PGX was overly hard on books so you might has some luck with a resub on it.

In terms of hard to find in high grade among the later issues, 141 is extremely overlooked, mainly because issues NEVER come up for sale. If I hadn`t owned the WP copy, I would`ve sworn that a NM copy didn`t exist.

I don't have that one either. 1 9.6 and 2-9.4. That is not a lot of inventory to be chasing.