• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about selling at a show

26 posts in this topic

From a buyer and sellers perspective, which do you prefer.

a) price sticker on the top right corner of the book. Has price and grade on it.

b) price sticker on the top right with price/grade and pertinent info "first app xxx" etc.

c) larger label on the back, that has the price/grade/info on it.

Im starting to lean towards the sticker on the back. Figured I would get some feedback from my peers.

Definitely on the front! I often don't ask to look at the backs of multiple books on the wall because the dealer may be very busy and I may feel bad having him pull down a bunch to tell me the price and then I don't purchase.

These would be books in long boxes.

Sticker on the front.

I have seen WAY too many folks bend over the comic to see the price tag when it is on the back. Also, it causes even careful browsers to handle the comics more than necessary to see if the price/grade meet their needs.

Sticker on the front.

I have seen WAY too many folks bend over the comic to see the price tag when it is on the back. Also, it causes even careful browsers to handle the comics more than necessary to see if the price/grade meet their needs.

Was watching my customers pull the book out of the box and flip it over. Too much wear on the book and too much hassle for the buyer.

Also, for books that I underprice to move it doesn't make sense to hide the price on the back.

From a buyers point of view (one with any sense anyway): Ya ever try to look at a book to see if the condition matches up with what the seller is stating it is in, then there is this sticker in the way, I think next would be asking if You can pull the book out to look it over, which is equates to having to handle the book. My 2c .

b) price sticker on the top right with price/grade and pertinent info "first app xxx" etc.

I'm good with A also, but I want to see a price. It will be one of the biggest factors in me buying a book and I don't want to pull out every book I might be interested to turn it around for a price or even worse, have to keep asking dealers for a price. Typically if there is no price, I will look for only a couple of specific books I need and if I don't see them, I move on. If there are prices, I might look longer possibly finding a bargain or seeing if there is an upgrade for a book I already have.

As a buyer, the only things I care about are the price and whether there's anything I should know that isn't apparent from the front cover (anything from resto to a back cover coupon out to a pedigree designation). And put the sticker on the front (thumbs u

Proper grading is most important. If a seller sells you something with "NM" printed on the back and the books are in F/VF at best, then it doesn't matter where the price sticker is.

-slym HINT

Actually, I could not care less about proper grading (although resto disclosure is nice) at a show. If the book says NM, it looks like a FINE and is priced as GOOD...well, you get the idea. I'm there in person to inspect the book, I don't need them to grade it for me.

True, it would be really nice if they told me that every frigging book has the Marvel value stamp cut out or something like that.

I use a combination of all purpose labels and computer mailing labels on the front.

The smaller one hold price and grade.

The larger one has the bells and whistles. (artists, apps., etc.)