• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jerry Siegel signed Action 1 reprint F/S

30 posts in this topic

This has been working its way up on my signature collection priority list for some time now, so it was hard not to send a reasonable offer :blush:

Can't wait to see it in hand!-) :banana:

That's a signature worth having! :applause:

This has been working its way up on my signature collection priority list for some time now, so it was hard not to send a reasonable offer :blush:

Can't wait to see it in hand!-) :banana:

:whatthe:

:hail:

:gossip: No pumpkin ale needed on this one, eh?

Although I had a pint with dinner earlier in the evening, this was my "good night" perusal of the For Sale section before hitting the hay (had been up grading papers and doing some lesson planning).

Suffice to say, quite a pleasant surprise to find this. :)

Although I had a pint with dinner earlier in the evening, this was my "good night" perusal of the For Sale section before hitting the hay (had been up grading papers and doing some lesson planning).

Suffice to say, quite a pleasant surprise to find this. :)

A much more pleasant suprise than, say, finding a stack of papers you hadn't graded. I'm wading through some at the moment. :eek:

Great pick-up, by the way. An undeniable piece of pop culture history. :headbang:

How about the Slipcase Signature Edition of Famous First Edition c-61? Autographed by Siegel AND Shuster. Limited to 250 copies.

If your interested in getting rid of it, let me know. :foryou:

:hi: Jon! Yeah, this was something that really has had my eye for a good month or two--there were some lower grade copies on eBay lately but hadn't received the "go" from the wife to pull the trigger.

WTTB Bryan! Typically Qualified Labels can be considered GLODs (Green Label of Death) much like restored books (PLODS-Purple Label of Death); however, I think the philosophy of "buy the book and not the grade" is continuing to gain more credence.

Additionally, I think you have to factor in the practical issue that CGC Signature Series simply wasn't available for certain creators, so true signature fans will not bat an eye at a green label. Considering it was authenticated by a reputable signature certifying company at the time, and I think it's a safe investment for the "vault" :grin: