• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Per PM

34 posts in this topic

:takeit: Per pm!

What does this mean exactly?

I see it allot in the Market place.

Does it usually amount to free shipping? Or just a plain old discounted price on a comic?

Anyone care to give up the secrets of the insider trade?

Usually a lower offer or a request for time payments.
also sometime shipping arrangements , extra scans/pics (shrug) I know i can be a picky person_without_enough_empathy sometimes and ill ask questions about pages,staples, and other things i see in scans. I dont go back and post " :takeit: " in the thread unless im asked to. And some sellers do ask.

Usually a lower offer or a request for time payments.
also sometime shipping arrangements , extra scans/pics (shrug) I know i can be a picky person_without_enough_empathy sometimes and ill ask questions about pages,staples, and other things i see in scans. I dont go back and post " :takeit: " in the thread unless im asked to. And some sellers do ask.

Also a good point. Some guys don't like date stamps. Some are all about the page quality or the centering. Lots of reasons for PMs.

Does it usually amount to free shipping? Or just a plain old discounted price on a comic?

It means the buyer will purchase the book in question as long as the transaction involves specifics mentioned between the buyer and the seller in a PM. Those specifics can be anything from time payments, to a discounted price, to the seller agreeing to have the book pressed or any other stipulation the seller agrees to in order to sell the book to that particular buyer.

It's also a way of tying the terms of the PM to the main public thread.

Maybe it's a guarantee against Resto, or some other specific detail of condition that the buyer wanted included as part of the agreement to purchase.

C

It's also a way of tying the terms of the PM to the main public thread.

Maybe it's a guarantee against Resto, or some other specific detail of condition that the buyer wanted included as part of the agreement to purchase.

C

Yeah, definitely. I put it there sometimes to remind myself that I had an agreement via PM that I might otherwise forget about!

or sometimes people dont what everyone to see what they buy...ive had things sell for asking but they just rather buy with out the forum seeing

Good point, there are some buyers that prefer to keep the extent of their collection a secret.

For reselling purposes or just collecting purposes? hm

or sometimes people dont what everyone to see what they buy...ive had things sell for asking but they just rather buy with out the forum seeing

Good point, there are some buyers that prefer to keep the extent of their collection a secret.

For reselling purposes or just collecting purposes? hm

I figure it's for safety reasons. So no one can say, "Hmm, I wonder where that guy with four copies of Action #1 lives?"

Yep, I have sold more than one item via a PM and there was no deal cut or anything like that. I respect the privacy and don't tell who the buyer is, that's all.

-slym