• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite Archie Covers
6 6

1,558 posts in this topic

I've never seen the 15 cent variants. I have Christmas Stocking #5 with a 35 cent cover price, which would imply that it was for the Canadian market but it is a U.S. printing.

Yeah, the 15 cent books are also printed in the US, although maybe for Canadian consumption. I don't really know anything about the history of these books, but all the 15 cent issues I have are from the same time period, making me think they were a trial of some sort (maybe a test of a higher price for the US, maybe for use in Canada confused-smiley-013.gif).

This one I got off of ebay from a seller that said she didn't "know how to grade comics." That always worries me, but in this case I got a very nice, very solid book:

1184453-cgc7007.jpg

1184453-cgc7007.jpg.994d7ac028d45889cac971fe29cf2ac8.jpg

Edited by 143ksk

Thanks. I always run into the same usual suspects on some run I'm trying to finish. That's why I was asking.

I surprised myself by really liking the cover to # 108 (or is it 109). The background with the greeting cards adds nicely to the cover. thumbsup2.gif

Time to change that sig line btw poke2.gif

Here are some more covers to keep this thread alive.

I found a copy of this Pep 162 in about 1972 when I was 10. It was one of my favorites. It took a while to find this nice copy. I always think of 1962 as the "pastel period" of Archie covers.

a-pep162.JPG

There's not really anything special about this cover but I like it. It's from 1965.

a-pep184-1965.JPG

Here are some more of the pastel covers:

a-lwa14-1962.jpg

This was the first "serious" Archie story that I ever read, once again at about 10 years old in 1972. Jughead in the hospital with apendicitis.

a-lwa17-hospital-1962.JPG

I always liked the covers with logos that were other than red and blue. I bought a copy of this B&V new as a kid. It was long gone but I finally found this nice copy.

a-b&v217.JPG

As far as different colors for the cover logos, the issues from Mexico are great:

a-archi76-batalla-1962.JPG

This one has foxing but it also has 2 covers and the second is really nice.

a-archi285-enlatada-1968.jpg

a-archi280-peacock-1968.JPG

And finally, here are some Australian covers that were original to Australia only:

a-archie-non-us%20aus.JPG

This one was actually from the cover of Ginger Comics in the U.S.

a-archie-gingercov-aus.JPG

That's enough for now.

Going for the record of most Archie covers in a single post? wink.gif

Seriously, though, nice books all! 893applaud-thumb.gif