• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has anyone dealt with "popscomicbooks"?

32 posts in this topic

You know how I know to avoid these guys? They royally pizzed off Sky. Anyone who can do that is bad, bad.

Yeah what he said..anyone that can angry Skypinkblu is off my shopping list!

:hi:

:hi: This is why I'll avoid them like the plague

They got some nice books like that Wonder Comics 15 :cloud9: but even if it was bargain priced I wouldn't bother buying from them. I'd rather spend more money on someone with a good rep.

Never eat at a diner named "Mom's" and never buy from a comic seller named "Pops." ;)

"Never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line"

Never eat at a diner named "Mom's" and never buy from a comic seller named "Pops." ;)

and never hire a hooker named Bob.

Now you tell me! doh!

Hey guys, Just wanted to know, has anyone bought or dealt with "popscomicbooks" on ebay? I just want to make sure they are legit, before I buy from them. They seem like good people, respond to emails very fast, great customer service. I just want to be sure, they have some experience from board members. I checked there feedback and its 100% but its all private, thanks

chris

doh! Here we go again with Pops. :roflmao: They banned me from bidding on their books because I posted some less than flattering remarks about them here on the boards once. I think you're ok buying slabbed from them, but DO NOT buy anything raw as they cannot grade. 2c

You know how I know to avoid these guys? They royally pizzed off Sky. Anyone who can do that is bad, bad.

Yeah what he said..anyone that can angry Skypinkblu is off my shopping list!

:hi:

:hi: This is why I'll avoid them like the plague

They got some nice books like that Wonder Comics 15 :cloud9: but even if it was bargain priced I wouldn't bother buying from them. I'd rather spend more money on someone with a good rep.

Almost forgot about this thread. Pops has some nice stuff. Overpriced stuff but it looks like I made my decision about dealing with them already.

:) Thank you "Search"

so the consensus is not encouraging?

thier was a cgc book that caught my eye they had.

hm

I would think buying CGC books would be fine, although I think their prices are way high.

What books were you looking at?

so the consensus is not encouraging?

thier was a cgc book that caught my eye they had.

hm

I would think buying CGC books would be fine, although I think their prices are way high.

What books were you looking at?

There are many reasons why, but particularly as a matter of principle, that simply because a seller sells CGC books people should still consider not doing business with them. IMHO. This seller has given me many such reasons so I won't buy anything notwithstanding the fact they possess books I would very much like to have in my collection. :gossip:

But everyone has to make their own decisions but I hope you will read the threads about this seller first.

yes, i just emailed them inquiring about a nice cap 78 on ebay. as soon as i emailed them the price raised 100 bucks and they sent me an email to directly contact them for the sale of the book outside of ebay.

now, i get wanting to save a few bucks from ebay. but, this would leave me totally without a leg to stand on if i got some book or if it gets lost in the mail.

they explained that they were just on the phone with the consignor and had "mis-listed the book 100 bucks under what the consignee wanted. B.S! i inquired about a book and they raised the price.

They lost my sale--but, i get to keep my 1800.dollars (400 bucks over guide anyways).

now it is a cgc graded book and it is a book im interested in, but, too shifty a move for me. i have bought a book from them 8 years ago. it was an amazing fantasy 15 in vg + fn-. it was about 1000 bucks over guide. today that book is worth 16,000 dollars in that grade. so, cavat emptor! you can end up doing well. but, note their tactics.

cheers!