• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has anyone dealt with "popscomicbooks"?

32 posts in this topic

Hey guys, Just wanted to know, has anyone bought or dealt with "popscomicbooks" on ebay? I just want to make sure they are legit, before I buy from them. They seem like good people, respond to emails very fast, great customer service. I just want to be sure, they have some experience from board members. I checked there feedback and its 100% but its all private, thanks

chris

Steer clear.

Never deal with an ebayer with private feedback....you are only asking for trouble.

Here is a link to several threads about pops:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=4&Number=3309605&Searchpage=1&Main=165643&Words=popscomicbooks&topic=0&Search=true#Post3309605

Hey guys, Just wanted to know, has anyone bought or dealt with "popscomicbooks" on ebay? I just want to make sure they are legit, before I buy from them. They seem like good people, respond to emails very fast, great customer service. I just want to be sure, they have some experience from board members. I checked there feedback and its 100% but its all private, thanks

chris

They aren't very popular around these parts. There ARE some threads regarding them and they were not overly positive. The only conversation I had with them, they tried very hard to make me buy something outside of ebay. Even going so far as to send me messages through ebay's messaging system suggesting that they could only do private non-ebay sales for the book at the offer I sent. I passed. I don't know them and prefer to not take that sort of chance.

I had some email discussions with Tina? I think it was. She was cordial and tried to broker a deal for me on a consignment book they had for sale on ebay. Couldn't get the seller to come down enough so I passed. Otherwise, she was polite and no 'Spidey-sense" tingled that I should avoid them at all costs.

However, as others have stated they aren't real popular around these parts.

chris

Horrrrrible seller. (thumbs u Lots of bad history with buyers here.

see if you can check the feedback that they left for people. that might not be private.

I bought once from them without much problem. They likely overgraded, but were not bad by ebay standards.

the 2nd time I bought from them was a tottally different situation. They seriously overgraded to the point of lying about the books. when I questioned them they stalled and stalled until the feedback period ended then they just refused to deal with the situation.

I ended up getting the key book ( a More Fun) slabbed by a different grading company. I think maybe 3.5 versus the 7.0 they described it as being. After posting in one of the threads about them I recieved a PM from someone here who really wanted that book and offered almost double guide for it. I sold it, happy to be rid of it and almost broke even on the total value after trading off the b&b 28 that was a part of the deal.

I think they were the last 1k+ deal I did on ebay.

It is probably safe to buy slabs from them, but I would not/could not on eBay.

They have no idea how to deal with a problem other than stall or get agressive. Totally crappy customer service in that area

Before I had read about them on the boards, I had two transactions and - based on what I heard later - they surprisingly stood behind their books.

When I was first collecting I bought a raw copy of Punch #1 from them. It was advertised as VF to NM. I got it and felt it was a 7.0/7.5. Definitely still a good value for what I paid. I sent it in with my first CGC submission and it came back a 5.0 because of slightly brittle pages. I didn't know much about page quality, but did not want a 5.0 book. When I got it back, I contacted them and told them I would like my money refunded. Despite being about three months after the purchase and being under no legal obligation to accept the return, they did just that. I was not refunded the shipping or CGC fees, but I agreed that he should not have to pay those.

Shortly after that I purchased a CGC Rockford book from them off of eBay and was given a decent discount and the book safely shipped.

Certainly, had I read the boards, I would have avoided the seller and I have heard a lot of horror stories, but I figured that even if my situation was not the norm, my transactions did go well and I should share, since I would have piled on if it went badly.